The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

I like stance, do you?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I dig the look. My buddy is real big in the vw scene and his car is slammed with some nice wheels, looks so sick.

I beleive that you can have a good stance without being hella flush. that being said i really like the low and slow. i mean if your car isnt meant to be a track car why not? it looks good. Its what i choose to do on my talon. Yes its low but in my opinion not ridiculous. the wheels and tries are perfectly flush with the fender. not poking and not tucking.

and yea i have like a million stickers so sue me

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited by a moderator:
That chop top bimmer is hideous. I respect all the work he's done to it (Yes I read all 40 pages) But I simply think that car is now ruined. Stock with some wheels and a little lowered would have been sweet, this is just too much.

bNasty, you have the look I'm going for. I had it in mind then found your car.
Can't wait to powder coat my wheels, put my new suspension on and paint my car.
Ahhhhhh 4 months can't go by fast enough!

I'm going to go with Apex silver off the EVO and Powdercoat the EVO IX wheels an Anthracite.

This 'car-licking-asphalt' look has never been something I like. I'm all about dropping large sums of money on cars, but if it's not going to be for function, what's the point?

I get it, it's all about 'styling your whip', but cars were meant to go. If you're going to decorate something meant to be mobile like a car and therefore turn it into a show piece, then why not "pimp-out" your desk or your front door?

To me there's no difference between the econoboxes with wings and body kits and the cars above. Both are full of form and no function. Just my opinion of course. If you like 'em, that's what's important.

I bolded the factually wrong portion of your car. The rest I understand is your opinion, no matter how ridiculous, I wont argue it.

However the original purpose of vehicles for the public in general were "STATUS" They had horses and carriages to "go" but even those were "styled" due to status reasons.

I just had to correct that little bit before someone ignorantly post, "Yeah I agree..."

On a side note, bNasty has a clean ride but its not "stance" "flush" "hella flush" or whatever term you wanna give it. Its simply "lowered". Tastefully done I most commend however.

The Stance/Hella/Flush or whatever you wanna call it is NOT about the stupidly ridiculously cambered cars or VW uber stretched tires and big roof racks. No. People just see this sh*t on the Internet and make up in their own head what they think it is. We make fun of those types of cars too. Same goes with thinking that every import with 20" wheels is "VIP" Wrong... These are car scenes that are so overly commercialized and misrepresented that they get a bad rap from ignorant people who don't have the sense to research before they make fools of themselves.

I bolded the factually wrong portion of your car. The rest I understand is your opinion, no matter how ridiculous, I wont argue it.

However the original purpose of vehicles for the public in general were "STATUS" They had horses and carriages to "go" but even those were "styled" due to status reasons.

This seems like a silly argument, but how is stating that automobiles were meant to go, as in transport people, factually wrong? Factually, it is correct. Automobiles were designed to go and work as practical transportation before they were stylized. Function preceded form.
Disagreeing with that is disagreeing with the encyclopedia right in front of me.

I'm not saying there's anything overtly wrong with the cars being described here, they just aren't my style. But they make their owners happy and I'll say it again: that's what's important.

I had a pic of a maroon/purplish 1gb on the ground but something funky happened to my computer and I lost all of my pictures. It looked ok.

From what I can tell, the OP would be interested in the VW / Audi scene.

Nahh BMW only, perferably E30's

That chop top bimmer is hideous. I respect all the work he's done to it (Yes I read all 40 pages) But I simply think that car is now ruined. Stock with some wheels and a little lowered would have been sweet, this is just too much.

He did the Chop Top due to a wreck and had major damage to the A-Piller(s)
and he loves the car and did not want to get rid of it, I don't blame him, once you own and early BMW such as a E28 or a E30 its really hard to get away from them. And that car is epic IMO, has won Millions of Awards, been in several Magazines, and and was one of the top Voted Rat Rod of the Year cars.

Honestly I think its a Work of Art.

Only Reason I don't own a E30 now is it got wrecked (Focus pulled out in front of me and I T boned him hard) It was originally gonna become my Track\Back up car, and i was gonna Attempt to have the talon as a nice clean Daily, and leave it pretty much bone stock.

roof rack is stupid in my opinion also but the "hellaflush" look is pretty sick looking

I think the Roof Rack is stupid IF it doesn't get used, but alot of people I know who have Roof Racks on their cars put everything from bikes, to luggage, to full kegs << Epic.

and as far as the little bit of the Status thing my short attention span allowed me to read.

I style my car to what I like and enjoy TRUST ME if I was worried about what other people thought about me and the car I dry... a DSM is the last car I'd drive...

I mean why else would I drive around in a 87 BMW, Not nice in anyway, low as shit, with long tube headers which made loud, then straight piping with 2.5 inch piping which made it EAR piercing loud (outside not inside) everyone hated that car due to how rediculous it was! I did it because I loved the car, and it was fun as shit to drive. by far the funnest car I've ever driven!

So many haters on this forum the reason I don't come on here anyone. I like some of those cars especially the evo 10. My car is not gonna be a track car so I'm gonna put stickers and stretch my tires ### I'm hellaflush and a ricer so hate. I love your car bnasty by the way

So many haters on this forum the reason I don't come on here anyone. I like some of those cars especially the evo 10. My car is not gonna be a track car so I'm gonna put stickers and stretch my tires ### I'm hellaflush and a ricer so hate. I love your car bnasty by the way

+1

Haters gonna hate bro.

Haters hate on my because I slapped a Mopar Sticker on the Talon even tho they used stuff from Mopar as standard replacement. . so what. there will always be someone to say your shits ###, no matter how epic it may be.

Trust me as big as the whole Stance thing is here in TN, the same debate occurs on Tennspeed...

the whole function over looks shit. you can't escape it.

This seems like a silly argument, but how is stating that automobiles were meant to go, as in transport people, factually wrong? Factually, it is correct. Automobiles were designed to go and work as practical transportation before they were stylized. Function preceded form.
Disagreeing with that is disagreeing with the encyclopedia right in front of me.

I'm not saying there's anything overtly wrong with the cars being described here, they just aren't my style. But they make their owners happy and I'll say it again: that's what's important.

How is that wrong?

If it didn't matter then all cars would be made by the same company and or look the same. The argument on you not liking how a car "looks" would be null and void if styling was never a part of the equation. You can argue with yourself all you want, makes no difference to me. Your point of reasoning is beyond flawed and to base it on the ideal that cars were simply made "to go" is a joke in itself for me ot even argue but even more for you to defend.

DSM owners have a way of disappointing me on a regular basis... I love the "All of those cars are ugly... except for the Evo." You guys are a ridiculous.

the whole function over looks shit. you can't escape it.

Yep. Im a function guy myself. Looking pretty in a parking lot should be left to the limp wrists. Just about everyone in my family races something, dirt track, drag, bikes, whatever. I could care less what it looks like as long as it moves. Those "hellagay" car vids where they actually drive them and bottom out on everything is just retarded. Man i wish i could beat the hell out of the bottom of my car and eat a set of tires every 300 miles. :banghead:

I just dont see the appeal in it.

How is that wrong?

If it didn't matter then all cars would be made by the same company and or look the same. The argument on you not liking how a car "looks" would be null and void if styling was never a part of the equation. You can argue with yourself all you want, makes no difference to me. Your point of reasoning is beyond flawed and to base it on the ideal that cars were simply made "to go" is a joke in itself for me ot even argue but even more for you to defend.

DSM owners have a way of disappointing me on a regular basis... I love the "All of those cars are ugly... except for the Evo." You guys are a ridiculous.

Wow your at it again.

Attachments

• ArguingInternetSpecialOlympics1.jpg
    ArguingInternetSpecialOlympics1.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 1,192
Hey man I like to race too,

proud SCCA member right here, ran STM in the E30.

and the E30 was entered in its Full day Road Course Event till the wreck, glad I got my 200$ back tho.

I also like having a car that I can wash and wax constantly.

my E30 was 90% function, and 10% a million other things. it was EXTREMELY EXTREMELY LOUD, the ride wasn't all that great, and didn't have much for interior, but man it killed on the track. but it also got beat up quite a bit doing so.

That's why you have 2 cars, like i did till the e30 wrecked.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep. Im a function guy myself. Looking pretty in a parking lot should be left to the limp wrists. Just about everyone in my family races something, dirt track, drag, bikes, whatever. I could care less what it looks like as long as it moves. Those "hellagay" car vids where they actually drive them and bottom out on everything is just retarded. Man i wish i could beat the hell out of the bottom of my car and eat a set of tires every 300 miles. :banghead:

I just dont see the appeal in it.

Wow your at it again.

And people dont understand why you dump so much money in that bucket you drive around in that sucks gas and barely runs just for a car that is kinda quick in a straight line and not worth the oil thats in it.

Yay!

I don't think you guys get it. What we do to cars is more retarded than modifying the looks. From a value stand point and from every angle you wanna look at it.

My car reflects on me and my personality I'm doing my car right the way I want it not the way people want me to.

+1 again

I do enjoy starting internet arguments then letting other people do most of the arguing.

And people dont understand why you dump so much money in that bucket you drive around in that sucks gas and barely runs just for a car that is kinda quick in a straight line and not worth the oil thats in it.

Yay!

I don't think you guys get it. What we do to cars is more retarded than modifying the looks. From a value stand point and from every angle you wanna look at it.

That is very true. The problem modifying looks though is it really limits its street ability. More so then performance mods really. I would cry if my 8k paint job was just demolished because some dumbass didnt see the light or a $2000 rim was destroyed because of a pot hole.

Its been going on forever though, i mean that is hot rod'n. Take the motor out of the biggest car you can find and stuff it in a pinto. Not worth much no, but man it goes in a straight line haha. and i think my ride is a hybrid compared to my dads duster LOL.

I LOVE THE RIMS I WANT SOME LIKE THAT OFFSET ON MY TALON

IDK WHY I like this car alot,not much the cambering in the back but the rest is just bada$$

QUOTE]

That is very true. The problem modifying looks though is it really limits its street ability. More so then performance mods really. I would cry if my 8k paint job was just demolished because some dumbass didnt see the light or a $2000 rim was destroyed because of a pot hole.

Its been going on forever though, i mean that is hot rod'n. Take the motor out of the biggest car you can find and stuff it in a pinto. Not worth much no, but man it goes in a straight line haha. and i think my ride is a hybrid compared to my dads duster LOL.

There is so much fail in this post...

Modifying you car does NOT do more to lessing the drivability, not compared to bigger turbos, cams, etc etc that not only make your car run more rough but it reduces your millage and many times becomes less reliable over all along with higher maint. Very few people have an $8K paint job so I don't know where the fk that came from either and besides all that you didnt make too many other points.

Your analogy of hotrodding also is off because the main appeal of hot rods was the "look" the motors came later on when racing became bigger. Back then it was all about the cleanest wheels and white walls, flashy paint and lots of chrome. Looks were just as important as performance and for the most part in TRUE Hella-Flush cars, the same applies. My RX8 was turbo'd and built for the track with more suspension mods than most peoples DSMs are worth. I had 17X10 wheels all the way around on NT01 track slicks DD. A lot of guys I ran with similarly modified their cars as well.

Hella Flush is all about being bold and have a clean car. Having your car scrape the ground or have ungodly camber is not what Hella-Flush is about. You've been brain washed by ignorant tards on the internet. A show with true Hella-Flush cars will be the group of probably the cleanest imports you will see, period. They will be tastefully modded from the wheels to the enginebay.

A lot of these hacks you see aren't completely in the scene and are only trying to imitate it. Look on the Fatlace and similar websites to see what cars they feature and you'll see the difference between REAL Hella-Flush and this BS many people post...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back