The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

howmich hp can a stock gsx auto trans handle

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I've heard a few different people agree that the stock auto trans with a shift kit and aftermarket cooler can do 10s. It HAS happened and I know Lucas English ran 10s on his auto trans, you'd have to check out his site to see if it was a stock trans though. I know people have ran 600+ HP on the stock auto trans and it held up well for them for a decent amount of time. One dude a friend of mine knows was making 650hp on his GSX for over 2 years before switching to manual, that was a 2g trans though.

FYI Lucas did 10s on a 1g. I believe it was The Turd, but I might be wrong.

Im planning to touch the 9's with a stock 1g automatic awd driveline (ran a few 10.6's last year). Only mods are a welded center diff, manually running the solenoids with switches, and stacking 2 stock flexplates together. all OEM trans/converter/xcase/diff from a 140k mile parts-car.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back