The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G How to replace Wiring harness?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

It's been done before. Search Google and this site for more info. This thread is for a 1g, but same idea.... http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/1g-engine-harness-removal.459060/

But chrysler kid is right. Just start unplugging stuff (label plugs and wires if you need to) and take the harness out a little bit at a time. Then reverse the process for the new wiring system.

It's easier with the motor out and the dash removed, but can be done without removing those things.

Last edited:
I feel like I have to pull all of the engine harness to take off the intake manifold anyways.

So start unplugging things starting at the a.c. compressor and work your way back across the motor. After that unplug the alternator and work your way back across the radiator back up to the fuse box. Remove the battery tray and you should see the rubber grommet plug

Inside start at the ecu and follow the wires back up to the firewall

Make sure you have the wiring diagrams for your car before you start. Take lots pictures since you won't remember everything.
Make sure the new harness is from the exact same version of the car.

I know this is a couple months old but I’m curious if the interior wire harness differs between M/T and A/T? I have a manual 97 GST and Ive found a automatic 97 gsx donor that is willing to give up the interior harness. Not sure if there are any differences. Thanks for any guidance.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back