The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

How much did you pay for your DSM?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I got my 99 GST with 46,175 mi and all this for $10,000 about a month and a half ago:

6 bolt motor:
aluminum oil pan
CP pistons bored to factory overbore
eagle rods
NEW crankshaft - not machined
mitsu metal headgasket
stock head other than new valves & springs(stock specs)
cams - lift and duration 264/272 & adjustable cam gears
arp headstuds and rod bolts
forrester intake manifold
950cc injectors
mustang throttle body 70mm i think
fidanza flywhell
act 2600 clutch - less than 1k on it
tranny is rebuilt with quaife lsd and galant 1st gear and double synchros
indy race core "race" intercooler and all custom made piping
innovative 60-1 a/r70 turbo
turbonetics exhaust manifold
blitz bov
tial 38mm wastegate
fluidyne radiator & FAL fans
3in exhaust from turbo back with brullen muffler
walboro 255lph fuel pump
steel braided fuel line from tank to fuel rail
larger fuel filter to accomodate larger fuel line
battery relocated to the trunk in sealed regulation box
no a/c & no cruise control
AEM fuel pressure regulator with gauge

electronics:
AEM EMS Now Haltech
3 bar map
AEM wideband o2
boost controlled by ems via gm bc valve Now Joe P MBC
aem intake air temp sensor
greddy boost, egt, oil pressure guages.......52mm

suspension:
progress springs and sway bars front and back
camber kit for front and back
tokiko shocks
lower tie bar - front and back
strut bars - front and back
aem big brake kit front and rear with gsx 2 piston calipers on front

appearance:
18in ROJA formula 5 wheels gunmetal with chrome lip
vis body kit
driver and passenger sparco tourino seats - driver has sparco 4point harnes
aftermarket side mirros

$250.00 for my 1991 GS 114,000 miles with a broken timing belt and a bunch of broken valves. The best purchase of my life. Getting a broken one and rebuilding it thought me a lot about my car which is coming in handy now that I am modifying it.

I paid $800 Canadian for mine at auction 3 weeks ago. It's a 91 laser. I've put in another $600 into it since, and redid the body and intake system. Also bought a new muffler. Looking into a new exhaust system if my budget allows it. It had 150,000 kilometers on it when I bought it. I plan to post some articles of all the mods I've done in the next few weeks.

I bought my 1997 Eclipse GST at Stevens Creek, San Jose. 1997 Brand new. Paid about $20K.

Greddy UICP -$190
Greddy Type-s BOV -$190
Extreme PSI Intake kit - $130
Magnacore 8.5mm Wire - $70
Tsudo 3" Cat-back - $220
Billet Aluminum spark plug wire cover - $60
2 piston XG caliper - $90
Cross Drilled 2006 Tiburon 12" Rotor - $90
Leather Seat cover front N Back + Door Trim - $200
Motegi Racing 18" Hyper Siver Wheel - $700
Nexen 225/40/18 Tire - $250
Brand New Hyundai XG Alternator (110Amp) - $135
Energy Suspension Motor Mount Kit - $25
Turbo XS MBC - $10
Auto Guage Bosst Gauge, Voltmeter and Water Temp. Gauge

That's all I can remember...

1998 bought my 91 gsx for $6500. (I was in the army I was a dumb kid with what I thought was money LOL ) Last April bought my 95 esi for $3450. I wanted a turbo all I could find was a N/T. Maybe one day I'll get a tsi or gst if I find one I'm willing to pay for with a trad of my N/T.

Bought my '95 GSX rear-ended for $2000.

It came with Fluidyne Aluminum Radiator, Dual slim fans, Eibach springs, 4 way GAB shocks, Centerforce DF Clutch, Walboro 255, Stainless steel brake and clutch lines, vented rotors and Rota Slipstream 16x8 rims.

Picking up a clean Talon TSI shell for $250 for parts in the next couple weeks (when I can drive up to oregon and pick it up)

<--- for 3100. 95k miles, adult driven :rocks:

95 GSX with abt. 150,000 for $5,500. Thanks for a great deal Jack!!!

I paid $18,000 for my 99 GST in Jan. 2000
$750 for my 91 TSI awd auto 2 years ago
$1000 for my 91 TSI awd man 3 months ago
Yes I have three DSMs you would think I would learn.

Got my 95 GSX Auto for trade by rebuilding a 3.0 DOHC for a 3000GT.

Motor had a spun rod, they tried to put a crank kit in it and a dealer new cyl head. They immediately spun a rod, so when I got it went all through it with new dealer crank, and all the other "speed parts" in my profile. Means I have a bit into it, but its all new. And today tranny went, but got a great deal on a auto trans,x-case, TCU,etc.

I'll always remember this as the most expensive "free" car I have ever obtained, but I love it so far, and now I know everything that has been done as well as where every nut,bolt, and wire is!! Looks like I am another lifetime DSM'r in the making!!!

And it isn't a beater either. Perfect leather interior and dash, and needs a front cover (curb damage) and thats about it.

93 eclipse gsx with a blow motor picked it up for $500 in south carolina mint condition no scratches or dents. car had 120,000 on it when the timing belt went

Picked up a 97 Talon NT (~40k miles) by taking over the payments for my ex-girlfriend, around $4000 about five years ago. It currently has an HRC stage II Turbo System.
1990 Talon DOHC NT (100k miles) for $1500 two years ago. Now it needs a HG. I think it had a JDM put in it. That's not a good sign given the odometer reading.
1991 TsiAWD (80k miles) $800 just this week. It cranks but has no spark. Hopefully it will run by the end of the weekend.

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS, 106,000 miles, completely stock, I became second owner, bought from Mitsubishi dealership for $4500 back in October of 2004.

$800 - '92 Eclipse GSX - missing battery and need new turbo, but other than that, not much else except some TLC. Got it from an older guy (late 30's), im the 3rd owner, and well, just needing to get the wiring harness's, battery, and a few other things and i should have it up and running... then when i get my chevy sold, ill have hopefully about $6500 to put into the car, and when you have that much to put into a car, be ready... hahahah.... i cant wait... :D

got my 92 TSi AWD (6/4 bolt combo) for 3,850 with a lot of new parts 117,000 on chassis and 7000 on new engine mostly stock but a few small mods. Also has the black leather interior, red with black wheels

I bought my 1995 Talon FWD Automatic with 89,000 miles on it for $4,300. As you can see from my picture it is in nice condition. It was imaculate. It isnt a lie when you buy a car in florida you get it very very cheap. I bought it with absolutely no mods at all also.

i bought my 97 spyder in south carolina 2 and a half years ago for 8500 with 80,000 miles

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back