The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

How much did you pay for your DSM?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bought my '95 in 2002 for $4500.

Engine threw a rod a year later. Pretty much every part in the engine bay has been rebuilt or replaced. Including tranny. Lots of upgrades, repairs. I've put more $$ into the car then it cost brand new... kinda sux things kept breaking... Non-working a/c was a major hassle to fix~

I bought my second '97 GSX in Apollo Beach, Florida, a little over a month ago for $8000.

1995 Talon tsi AWD ATX, 17" wheels, K&N, Coilovers, cross drilled rotors, lowered, and all options. $1800.00 I think it was modded before but I don't know how to find the previous owner to find that out. :mad:

BTW: I forgot, has a shitload of miles too, but damn does it run good. :D

1997 Eclipse GS-T -- 120k miles
$5,000 Houston, TX (Had a burned valve)

3 years ago . . . BONE stock

I got my 95 Talon ESi a little over a year ago for 3000 dollars bone stock with 120,000 miles on it. She is still running strong today. (Soon to be turbo'd)

I also just purchased a 91 Laser RS Turbo yesterday for 400 bucks with 132,000 miles on it, a K&N filter, Greddy Type S and a fart can. It runs like crap, but i am slowly fixing the problems.

i bought a 92 tsi for $400 U.Sin june of 05 put about another $400 into it.. very happy the + , car came with 3 inch exhaust , boost controller and boost gauge, and pretty painted valve cover.. the - , hole in piston ran 23lbs on bone stock car besides exhaust..

$3750 for a 91tsi awd w/ 128k on chassis, and 47k on new(er) 6bolt, minor mods.

Up here I waited for half a year before I could find my baby. It was a 92.4 so it was damn close to getting the knife with 7 bolt LOL . It had everything but the leather. 103,000 on it too and was driven by a 40 year old man. He couldn't figure out what the problem was..it would cut out at 5k completely stock. Turned out it was the ecu. Drove it home for $2500. Best $2500 I've ever spent :thumb: . Sam

bought my 92 gsx for $3800 three years ago, bone stock, perfect condition except the clear coat was starting to peal in a couple places, 99k on the clock. It was owned by on previous owner who was a old man who smoked cigars, took about a month for the smell to completely go away....LOL

my first dsm was a 92 tsi fwd, i bought it with 129k on the clock for $4200 back in 1999. It was in mint condition, till i tried to see what was under the backside of big ass van durring an ice storm. :p

1997 eclipse gst spyder 70,000 miles for $2,000 best deal ever, bought it a year ago

2400 Canadian, 2gen swirlies with blizzak tires, dropped 2 inches, ported 14b and exhuast manifold, 2.5 inch exhaust, MBC, Autometer boost and A/f gauges, Sony Xplode deck and front speakers, Alpine type-R 10 inch subwoofer with a 2 sony amps (one for rear speakers) and a capacitor, and to top it off a clifford alarm with remote start and turbo timer.

Now for the bad ROFL , rust on passenger fender (sale included a brand new oem fender), idle surge, a big ass boost leak (built my tester tonight :thumb: ), second gear syncro is on its way out, exhaust manifold bolt broken off (far left bolt on number 4), and to top it all off the rear bumper is starting to melt because of the 5 inch tip on the exhuast :rolleyes:.

Overall not a bad trade off, wouldn't trade it for anything.

$11,116 on a stock 99 GSX back in March 2003, and that was after massive haggling. The place that had it was asking $14,500, so I figure I did pretty well with getting the price down.

paid 10,500 for my 97 gs back in 2000...sold it four years later for 8000

paid 10,000 for my 99 gst(45k on the clock)

i got my 1990 gst for $1,900 it had 91,000 miles on it. I have owned it for 6 months

Traded a battered crx which i was in to about 1500. 1500 plus in repairs (motor quickly ate a piston). million hours. more parts. more work. almost up to stock. why do i love this thing?:D

I purchased my old TSI AWD for $1800 and spent over $1000 on fixing it, well before I had to sell it to buy something that ran. I'm in the market again for one, locally seems to be a bit scarse at the moment.

1990 GS-X - $1000 3 years ago in CA. Engine jumped time. Bought the car for the shell and replaced "EVERYTHING" in it...

I payed 13,500 for my 1st 99 gsx about 2 years ago. I got it up to 550 awhp. It got totaled about six months ago. :cry: I got 12,500 for it from insurance. Just bought another identical 99 gsx with a blown motor and a spare 6 bolt not installed for 5,500. :D :thumb: I have no clue why the guy sold it this cheap. Has clean title and I checked every square inch and its not wrecked. Im finishing up the engine right now. Praying for 600 awhp. We'll see soon. Yes its a fully built motor with supporting mods and with another Shep tranny. :dsm:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back