The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Holset Turbos

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
4SFED4 said:
I'd like to have a compressor map for an HX40, I have one sitting on the shelf from Extreme turbo, but I am concerned with compressor surge on my 2.0

I have found a half-a** Holset chart at turbomustangs.com, but it just shows the turbo model and bhp range with real crappy, inaccurate measurements :confused: something similar to a Garrett map would be nice ;)

That's funny! Isn't that how this whole thread started?
Seriously, go back to the first post. Morphius asks the same thing. Odd that the compressor maps that were posted on the first page don't show up anymore. It just says.' pics deleted' What happened to the compressor maps?

pneumo said:
That's funny! Isn't that how this whole thread started?
Seriously, go back to the first post. Morphius asks the same thing. Odd that the compressor maps that were posted on the first page don't show up anymore. It just says.' pics deleted' What happened to the compressor maps?

Good question, unfortunately for me I didn't view this thread soon enough to see the graphs :mad:

I figured useful information wouldn't be deleted, but then again what do I know.

I read all 8 pages and still have 3 questions:

1. How and what do the map width grooves do?

2. 93 pump gas on the HX-35, yes? no?

3. Pre 4K spool on a turbo this size is possible with a SBR manifold, tubular 02 housing, and a 3inch turbo back, with no 2.5 neck down at the flange of the dp?

I was looking to make 400 pump gas hp, and maby 450 on race gas at the track. I was orignally going to get the TO4B H-3 but joeracer123 suggested the HX-35, saying that it would be much eaiser to do with the 35 then the H-3.

549hp (whp?) at 20psi is pretty darn good in my book.

Quote: "The Holset is the only turbocharger available with a "Map Width Enhancement" groove. This groove is machined into the inlet of the compressor housing to allow air to be fed to the second set of blades on the compressor wheel. This increases efficiency and overall air flow by more than 10% over a standard compressor housing". Sure, this is a great pump gas turbocharger. Several customers have run 20+ on 93 without knock. Yes, he was right the HX-35 will achieve your goal at less boost than the H-3. As long as you have a good FMIC (900+ cfm) and those mods you should see 15-20 psi at or before 4K. Then add some cams for even better spool and top end. Keep in mind the 549 whp at 20 psi was on the HX-40, this is quite a bit larger than the 35.

Perfect!!!! Since these turbos are ment to be ran on trucks running 35+ psi, what happens to the turbo since its being ran at much lower boost say 18-22psi??? I don't remember seeing a cfm or lb/min for the 35, what is it?

pianoman said:
I don't remember seeing a cfm or lb/min for the 35, what is it?

First page. You couldn't ask for better looking graphs!! :D

To Bad bullseye doesnt make a housing for the hy 35
I fould a whole pile of them .

Sit tight. One of our fellow tuner members is shipping an HY-35 to our engineering department to see if we can make that available. I will keep you posted.

What a/r is the bullseye housing? What's the max hp this housing can support?

One of our customers made 651 at the wheels on a T-66 with a P-Trim but he said there was more in it. He was only running 24 degrees timing. We dont broadcast our Turbine A/R since its proprietary, but I can tell you its between a .48 and a .63.

Bolt on Holset HX-35/40 hybrids are now available. Get the spool up of a 35 with the power of a 40. This hybrid uses a Holset HX-35 turbine wheel and an HX-40 compressor wheel. These are only available in limited quantites. Please contact me directly for your $50 DSMtuner discount. Click here for details

BTW, these hybrids are available with a slip fit discharge as well.

its funny how this post has become 8 pages long and we still havent seen any proof of how fast these turbos spool...the owner of bullseye claims it spools before 4000 but i just want to see some proof...why not post some charts?

Its never been possible to bolt on a Holset to a DSM until we cast a turbine housing for it. The stock Holset housing would never fit. The Holset's were used a lot on Twin setups for Mustang 5.0's

qtxdevilz said:
its funny how this post has become 8 pages long and we still havent seen any proof of how fast these turbos spool...the owner of bullseye claims it spools before 4000 but i just want to see some proof...why not post some charts?

There's not much chance for feedback since no one from this thread has one on their car. The Holset's are in stock and on sale. We are even working on an HY-35 version, so what's everyone waiting for?

1029TSG said:
There's not much chance for feedback since no one from this thread has one on their car.

dont you guys have a shop car?or a personal car?how about that dsm that you said put down 500+ hp on the holset?why not ask him for this dyno chart/data logs just so we can see when this turbo actually spools...

The shop and personal DSM's were sold years ago to focus on Bullseye power. We have sent several units to some "heavy hitters" to test for us and hope to have some data for everyone. AGP is sending one to "Trini" to make a few pulls and runs at the track. Mark Wohler laid down the 549 whp as you know. John Weiss has one, already went 11.37 on a Garrett. So we've done about all we can, its up to you guys to try one out.

1029TSG said:
The shop and personal DSM's were sold years ago to focus on Bullseye power. We have sent several units to some "heavy hitters" to test for us and hope to have some data for everyone. AGP is sending one to "Trini" to make a few pulls and runs at the track. Mark Wohler laid down the 549 whp as you know. John Weiss has one, already went 11.37 on a Garrett. So we've done about all we can, its up to you guys to try one out.

well can you get mark wohler's dyno graph from when he dynoed 549?that should be enough proof...

I emailed him a while back asking for his graph to put on the website and he told me he would have to go somewhere to scan it and I never heard back. I'll try contacting him again.

1fastlaser said:
whats the holset h2c turbo?????
It's a bigger variant on the larger scale of the H series holset turbochargers.. way to big for the average DSM..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back