The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Holset Turbos

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morphius said:
Isn't there a rule for no ebay links? :confused:

Those won't work with the Bullseye housing.

*shrugs* if there was I didnt' know about it, neither did the guy that posted a link earlier in the thread... tisn't my auction anyway, I'm buying a different turbo off the guy, just figured with all the talk...

...and no, it won't work with the bullseye housing as is, but if you've followed the thread, there was talk of machining the housing to accept an HY as well, and these things are on ebay all the time... so maybe it'll be reason enough for them to make an HY housing

joeracer321 said:
But what do the compressor side of things look like on those turbos? Do they still have the MAP groove?
Yes, they still have the map groove. The H1E is the older version of the HX40, and it uses the same turbine shaft and a very similar compressor wheel and housing. I think the compressor is 58 or 60 mm, but I'm not too sure.
I had a lengthy discussion with a tech at a diesel shop about the H1E, and he said the differences between it and the HX40 are so minute that he wouldn't even classify them as different.

GSXracer said:
theres a no ebay links rule?

Yes and no... if you actually look in the rules, it says under CLASSIFIEDS RULES....

1. No eBay links. This is for Private Party merchandise for sale, not to point people to eBay auctions.

That however doesn't appear to apply to regular forums, and then I would say do it at your discretion, I'm posting a link to a holset turbo on ebay in the thread on holset turbo's so that someone that's interested can look at it, it's not my auction (else I would just make a classified for it) but just an FYI.

Ok so what is the final word Will a h1c work the same as a hx35?

i was just wondering if anyone has a dyno graph or some kind of ecu logs that will show when the holset turbos start to spool?i know there is a black eclipse making 500+ hp on bullseyes website but it doesnt show a dyno graph of it...im very interested to find out when this turbo really spools...from what ive read its suppose to be a real nice and durable turbo...but ive yet to see any spool characteristics on it...people have claimed full spool by 3800-4000 rpm which is nice but doesnt seem realistic because of the size of this turbo...just want some real #s because i purchase...thanks for the help...

ok, I guess I'll throw this out to everyone. Our engineers meet again on January 3rd and if there's really a demand for the HY-35 housing to be machined this is the time to get the ball rolling. To avoid spending nearly $1000 on a brand new unit, is there anyone that has a new or slightly used HY-35, preferably a 4036239 to send us. If so, we will take some measurements and if it is possible to change our print without a change to the mold we will try and make this available for retail. To make it worth your while, we will be sure and send you the first retail unit (at no charge) back to you along with your turbo to test fit and drive around. If there's anyone in a position to take advantage of this please email me directly at [email protected]. Thanks

1029TSG said:
ok, I guess I'll throw this out to everyone. Our engineers meet again on January 3rd and if there's really a demand for the HY-35 housing to be machined this is the time to get the ball rolling. To avoid spending nearly $1000 on a brand new unit, is there anyone that has a new or slightly used HY-35, preferably a 4036239 to send us. If so, we will take some measurements and if it is possible to change our print without a change to the mold we will try and make this available for retail. To make it worth your while, we will be sure and send you the first retail unit (at no charge) back to you along with your turbo to test fit and drive around. If there's anyone in a position to take advantage of this please email me directly at [email protected]. Thanks

You've got mail!!

Stapl3 said:
If the H1C is an older HX35, then is a H2C an older HX40?
no no no.... the H1 is a series, just like the HX.... the H1 series increase a letter for every level, and the HX increases a number....

H1C = HX35
H1E = HX40

the H2 series is a totally huge turbo. H2D's and H2E's are way too big to be use on a street 4g63..

wWould a H1B be anygood?
I think i may go with a older turbo first to see how it works then upgrade to a 35-40 after.

If I'm not mistaken, a H1B would be about the equivalent to an HX30, which is on par with a 50 trim and has too small of a turbine to use with the bullseye housing..

tsi20gawd said:
All I'm saying is this turbo is a freeway high boost killer that's where it lives dont expect the low boost power a 50trim/20G has that we have all come to love.

Why would you run low boost (15-18psi) on pump gas with a hx35 or hx40, the hx40 is very similar to the fp 3065 or gt35r/sc61 and it flows more lbs/min(75 vs 65) and lots of people run 22-23 psi on pump with those and get around 400+whp (with supporting mods of course.)

wow if only i hadn't bought that parts car....that is one awesome deal folks. if you still have it next week, i might have the money depending on how many parts off this car i sell. good luck selling the hx40 :cool:

gsxtacy said:
After witnessing that my asking price goes back up......$500 plus shipping, OR I keep it.
HX40 is a MONSTER!

gsxtacy

HaHa! Damn you! :laugh:

^^^^^Post your stuff in the classifieds!

Some more info I dug up.

Attachments

• Holset_SIzes.JPG
    Holset_SIzes.JPG
    18.8 KB · Views: 2,990
^ where did you find that?

Do you happen to know a place that will tell me which H1E has the 65mm turbine based on the assembly number?

I'd like to have a compressor map for an HX40, I have one sitting on the shelf from Extreme turbo, but I am concerned with compressor surge on my 2.0

I have found a half-a** Holset chart at turbomustangs.com, but it just shows the turbo model and bhp range with real crappy, inaccurate measurements :confused: something similar to a Garrett map would be nice ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back