The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

HKS bov return hose

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

97spyder maayng

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 11, 2004
toronto, Ontario_Canada
if anyone's installed an HKS SSQV bov on a 2g, theyd notice that the pipe for the bov vacuum hose is too thin, and the bov vacuum hose can easily slide right off.

what's a good way in enlarging the diameter of that pipe or sealing the two together (vacuum hose to bov) without having to worry about any leaks?

thanx

here's what i did: On the stock 2G bov their is a thick rubber gasket sealing it into where it plugs into the UICP I took the gasket off, cut it up a little bit and wrapped it around the HKS's return port, wrapped a little bit of electrical tape around it and used the smaller end of the BOV return line to attach to it. WOrked like a charm :)

rowlex said:
here's what i did: On the stock 2G bov their is a thick rubber gasket sealing it into where it plugs into the UICP I took the gasket off, cut it up a little bit and wrapped it around the HKS's return port, wrapped a little bit of electrical tape around it and used the smaller end of the BOV return line to attach to it. WOrked like a charm :)

genius...dirt cheap :thumb: (free actually) and makes complete sence, ill try it2morro morning,

thanx

97spyder maayng said:
genius...dirt cheap :thumb: (free actually) and makes complete sence, ill try it2morro morning,

thanx

No problem :) It'll work, the tube will never have to hold any pressure so it wont be a problem.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back