The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Hit a speed bump, car shorted out and died! Help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

98gst14b

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 24, 2006
Keys, Florida
Car has been perfectly fine for as long as I remember and for some reason, last week I go over a speed bump and as soon as the back wheels came off the pump everything shutoff and car died. Ign. Sw. Motor fuse was blown, so I replaced it, immediatly blew again. so I stuck an ohm meter between the blade faceing the rear of the car and chassis ground and meter reads 0.0 ohms. I pulled all the fuses out everywhere, still reads 0.0 I went thru my wire diagrams in my manual but it does me no good, I need to know where this white wire coming out of the fuse box goes? It is shorted out and I cant find out where. :( can anyone help? I had to tow the car and its just dead in the driveway.

Ended up tracing it further to the black/ why stripe comming out of the ignition switch shorted, anyone know where that goes?

I need some sort of diagram so I can eliminate the sources one by one.

ECMLink wiki has wiring diagrams for the MFI system.

The problem I have is all the schematics I see are for lights I need one for the black/white wire and ignition switch system. I found a shorted black/White in the blue connector behind the stereo where does this plug go?

Found it!!! apparently when the car bucked the engine tilted back and pushed the condenser up against the compressor line and crammed the the condensor into the intake manifold, forcing the non-insulated wire out of the epoxy sealing the condensor and against the manifold. Heres a pic. A huge thank you to rally for helping me out :thumb:

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 441
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back