The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

1G HEADGASKET THICKNESS HELP

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YungTlon

5+ Year Contributor
Mar 6, 2018
Pueblo, Colorado
Hello, so today I have a question that I find really complicated and I’m sure you gurus won’t.
so I’m trying to figure out what headgasket thickness I will need to keep from hitting valves and pistons here’s what I got going on .
the car will be on GSC S3 cams , or kelford 288/280. If two cam options will mess up this measurement let’s just stick with gsc s3 cams going on the car.
SO..
My pistons stick out .006 above deck said by my machinist. Pics will be provided below.
And my head has read
This was after the head was decked. My measurements were done with a harbor freight calipers so the measurements might not be dead nuts . The piston to deck clearance was done with a dial indicator.
can any of you math wizards tell me what headgasket would work without issues ?
I had ordered a comedic .056” thick from stm but they were out of stock so I decided to come back and take measurements and ask people what they think before I order my headgasket. If anyone could help or chime in their opinion please do so. Thank you all sorry if this was confusing

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back