The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

• Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;) It will also allow you to view images in threads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Head Stud Stripped?

PredatorSniper

Proven Member
Sep 16, 2012
Wichita, Kansas
I put on my new ERL manifold and one of the studs just kept on spinning, and spinning and spinning. What is the best was to repair the threaded hole in the head to fix this issue?

born2tune

Proven Member
Dec 30, 2009
clarksville, Tennessee

PredatorSniper

Proven Member
Sep 16, 2012
Wichita, Kansas
Thanks for the help guys!

My local parts store should have the helicoil kit for my thread pitch and size right?

Joethefallen23

Proven Member
Dec 31, 2011
Fishkill, New_York
Thanks for the help guys!

My local parts store should have the helicoil kit for my thread pitch and size right?

8mmx1.25 is what you're looking for. You're more like to find them at a lower tier / more local store than someplace like home depot or lowes. Your best bet might be a place like Carquest, O'Reilly's, (insert local auto chain here).

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Feal Suspension Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com OHM Racing Raven Fabrication RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing SouthBay Fuel Injectors STM Tuned VR Speed Factory

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds