The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Head/Mani stud stripped. How to fix???

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

93jdmlaser

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 1, 2004
Cherry Hill, New_Jersey
Im sure someone has had this problem before. It is the 2cd stud on the lower pass. side. The stud threads in but just keeps spinning and wont get tight. I tried to JB weld it in but that didnt work. The weld did not bond to the head just the stud. How can I fix this. I dont want to have an exhaust leak. Is there a heli coil kit for this and is there any other way besides that to get it to stay tight in there. Someone help me out. Thanks

Yea I went to the hardware store and picked up a 3/8in 24 tap and drilled out the hole and tapped it. Do you think I should just run a grade 8 3/8s bolt or cut the head off the bolt and make it a stud?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back