The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Gt30r

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uberstrafe

15+ Year Contributor
May 18, 2005
Ft. Collins, Colorado
do any of you guys know anything bout this turbo? I want to get it but I dont know how bad the lag would be on a 2.0l. Should I just wait and do a stroker engine or would the lag not be bad so I could just build a kick ass 2.0l?

I did, didnt really find anything that adressed what kinda lag it would have on a 2.0l

JWT (jim wolf technologies, inc) raves about this turbo. it is what they use to turbo their 2.4L KA 240sx n/a engines. it has a really dirty quick spool and it flows like a mid-performance t3/t4 hybrid (320+ crank hp). there is a compressor map of it on here .

yeah, slightly more than 320 at the crank. ams is getting 465 to the wheels on their evo's at 26 psi, and fp uses a similar variation (fp3052) and got 500 to the ground on pump gas. This car was a fully built freak.

Full spool on a stock car is around 4k and it starts spoolin around 3k, it will spool earlier with supporting mods (ems, intake manifold, 3 inch exhaust and O2 housing, gm maf blow through, higher compression etc...)

Damn good turbo if you ask me. I get full boost just before 4k and the car hauls ass at 22psi. I have run door to door with cars that have bigger turbos and the same boost level.

98eclipseRS said:
friend of mine just ran an 11.5 @ 121.8 just the other week with this turbo on an .82 a/r housing. Full weight 96 gsx to boot!
any more info about the car? I just got mine in the mail and I always like to hear every little detail about similar set ups.

My car is fully built, fully worked heads, blow through maf, huge front mount, custom manifolds, dsmlink, etc...... and I try to compare my mods to other peoples and try to get ideas of what I can hope for. I got great people helping me put this car together too so I am expecting big things

If I could get my car in the 120 traps that would meat my goals because thats what i set out to do from the beginning.

BTW what turbine housing is he using (mitsu or garrett and is it internal or externally gated?)

definitiveno said:
yeah, slightly more than 320 at the crank. ams is getting 465 to the wheels on their evo's at 26 psi, and fp uses a similar variation (fp3052) and got 500 to the ground on pump gas. This car was a fully built freak.

Full spool on a stock car is around 4k and it starts spoolin around 3k, it will spool earlier with supporting mods (ems, intake manifold, 3 inch exhaust and O2 housing, gm maf blow through, higher compression etc...)

I forgot to mention JWT was talking about using this turbo for a car that can see no more than 10 psi of boost because of the higher "n/a" compression (which consequently lends to the hightend spool characteristics in their particular case, i suppose)... in that case it is infact efficient to only a bit over 30lbs/min (around 320 horsepower). I, though, forgot to mention that. For the Turbo 4G63, i can see 45 lbs/min easy! You'll need at least 650 cc injectors to tap its potential.

definitiveno said:
BTW what turbine housing is he using (mitsu or garrett and is it internal or externally gated?)

its a garret housing, external gate on the manifold here is the link to everything about the car. He spun the tires through first gear and still managed a 1.75 60ft He pulled a 1.5 flat 60ft on a friends car that had drag radials so look to see a lower time with just better tires not to mention that we will both be adding meth injection to our mod lists very soon. Look for my car on that site in the near future with 450ish to the wheels.

EDIT: oooppps forgot to add the link :tease: http://www.fftec.com/articles.php?article_id=7

EDIT EDIT: it appears to me he ran that time at 122.3

dsm-onster said:
I forgot to mention JWT was talking about using this turbo for a car that can see no more than 10 psi of boost because of the higher "n/a" compression (which consequently lends to the hightend spool characteristics in their particular case, i suppose)... in that case it is infact efficient to only a bit over 30lbs/min (around 320 horsepower). I, though, forgot to mention that. For the Turbo 4G63, i can see 45 lbs/min easy! You'll need at least 650 cc injectors to tap its potential.

you'll need at least 900cc+ injectors to see its potential.

my old turbo (not this) I flowed 42 lbs/min @ 20 psi..

with 720cc denso injectors I was at 90% duty cycle..

moral: your won't need 900+ for 45 lbs/min

I know this is an old thread but I thought I would post up some real world numbers of this car. This is the car I mentioned above. My buddy was running 116 mixed with half a tank of 91 for this run at 25psi. He ran out of fuel, ordered some 1kcc injectors and is going to go back for a 30+psi run.

512 awhp on a mutang dyno

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198453

I dont think the lag is too bad 25 psi at 4300 for me. Could be lower I think with some more tuning and a MAFT. I like the topend power it has. Still working out the bugs on my setup too. Lots of clutch issues that seem to be resolved now. Not the best turbo out but its a very nice mid level turbo. Loves high PSI. I didnt really notice a hard pull until it starts getting around 16 psi.

98eclipseRS said:
I know this is an old thread but I thought I would post up some real world numbers of this car. This is the car I mentioned above. My buddy was running 116 mixed with half a tank of 91 for this run at 25psi. He ran out of fuel, ordered some 1kcc injectors and is going to go back for a 30+psi run.

512 awhp on a mutang dyno

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198453

The torque numbers sure don't seem like it's a stroker. Seems like 2.0L numbers. Nice HP though, no doubt. :cool:

diambo4life said:
The torque numbers sure don't seem like it's a stroker. Seems like 2.0L numbers. Nice HP though, no doubt. :cool:
No if it was 2.0L than it wouldn't have as much lower end as it does and would rev higher.
I think the powerband and it's lack of tq comes from it's smim.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back