The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Gst-Gs compatability (4g63-4g64)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryan4269

Proven Member
Oct 11, 2021
abbotsford, BC_Canada
Debating purchasing a for parts gst spyder to turbocharge my gs. Just curious how much is compatible? The gst is a 98 and mine is a 97. Can I use the black box ecu or would I be better off getting a 97 ecu (I think the pigtail connections are different?). As far as fuel related components should it be plug and play? Can I use my 4g64 intake manifold? Was planning using the dohc head but apparently the timing belt went, though there’s a belt on it. Seems a lot of things are in unknown condition. Should I take it or leave it?

Without knowing the shape of the gst it would be difficult to know if it's worth it. Also what do they want for it?

Without knowing the shape of the gst it would be difficult to know if it's worth it. Also what do they want for it?
1k cad. Firm on it too. Hopefully with a bit of time he goes lower, they are indeed hard to find, especially where I’m located but that’s too much right? Thoughts on my idea for conversion? Was planning to just take all turbo related components then part out.

It is pretty mangled LOL

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Jesus.
It looks like it was assembled with a hammer and a tube of RTV.
Yet somebody took the time to paint the fluid reservoir cap. Mind boggling.

Up here, 1K for a complete car of this type isn't a bad deal and there's way more than 1K in parts alone to us folk that still have these things as long as you're willing to sit on it for a bit until your buyers find you. It all depends on how much you want off of it and what you're willing to let go/store. But using a car like this to upgrade yours, well, based on the condition I'd be very weary.

Personally I'd be in it for other things -- axles, glass, interior bits, all sorts of things.

I'm seeing those injector connectors and already have somebody in mind who would be wanting them LOL

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back