The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Grind question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1992_Talon_tsi

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 20, 2009
MIAMI, Florida
Ok guys first of all im sure its the clutch but i just want to make sure. My dsm its grinding 3rd gear when shifting quick when daily driving or racing of course. Now if i hold the clutch like 3 to 4 seconds and i shift it wont grind and its kind of soft. For this reason im guessing its my clutch near his end. Now since im talking about the clutch i have a n/t transmission, now what would be the perfect clutch of my choice?

it sounds like your synchro in 3rd is going out, try using some syncromesh gear oil.

I prefer BG, but gm or penzoil will do.

Well the liquid he's talking about will help the shifting not grind so much, its made for synchronized transmission. I forget what I used but, its a mixture all these DSM guys use. My transmission is gone, but adding synchro mesh gear oil gave me a month of driving before it grenaded.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back