The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

Goonie’s 90 GSX

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Well it has been quite a long time since I’ve been on here!! @mikEclipse99 made me realize it’s time to get back to the forum life🍻. But the car has had some badass changes along with some new PBs at the shootout last year on the old hx40 set up. I ran a best of 11.7@129 with tons of room to improve which leads me to where the car is now. I always felt that the hx40 was a bit laggy on the shifts and mainly the 1-2 so over this off season I picked up a gen 2 ball bearing PSR3584rs turbo (67mm) for the 1g!! The car is up and running and ready for some solid street tuning before I hit the track ready to lay down some low ets for this much deserving car and build! I also got some new slicks and wheels for the car as well off a good friend Ryan Colwell. Stay tuned as this is just the beginning for this car now that it has a real turbo behind it!!

View attachment 697105

View attachment 697106

View attachment 697107

View attachment 697108

View attachment 697109

View attachment 697110

Still have this solenoid zip tied on my car whenever you’re ready for boost by gear!
I need all of it, all of the boost!

Put some fresh VR1 oil in yesterday and @mikEclipse99 finished up making my exhaust a bit longer it was rubbing on my oil filter housing a little with the new turbo. But should be good to go now I can’t wait to rip this thing!!

IMG_7151.jpeg

IMG_7154.jpeg

Like I said, every time you look at how good it looks just remember I painted it high off my ass on paint fumes while I had the Covid-19 not realizing the engine enamel had strong fumes. Glad to be part of it for all these years now and I seen this better suited for what you’re doing than anything I ever plan to do. I appreciate the donor car, I’m pretty excited that’s parked in my driveway right now so thank you, Courtney isn’t in the least bit excited it’s parked there but it’ll be cool in a day or so!

Will be updating this in another thread with more details but just to prove the terrible ideas that occur when me and @goonie90gsx put our heads together, everyone (except my wife and neighbors) made out on this deal. Been a fun summer but we’re setting up to have a real good winter here in salty Ohio. When the day started yesterday one of us had a rotted out 1g and the other one of us had a freshly machined block and crank, we’re still there just did a little roll reversal.

2626A4DD-B87A-43AE-ACD2-ABCD51D2624D.jpeg

Will be updating this in another thread with more details but just to prove the terrible ideas that occur when me and @goonie90gsx put our heads together, everyone (except my wife and neighbors) made out on this deal. Been a fun summer but we’re setting up to have a real good winter here in salty Ohio. When the day started yesterday one of us had a rotted out 1g and the other one of us had a freshly machined block and crank, we’re still there just did a little roll reversal.

View attachment 702613
Looks so good there man haha I am so stoked for the Shootout I can’t wait to see all you there 30+ years of DSM mayhem!!

30th Shootout photo dump! I had a blast this year my car was running great and making awesome power on the new turbo. My clutch on the other hand not so much I was launching hard but this old single disc just didn’t want to shift at high rpm. But with @mikEclipse99 help we got the tune back to 28psi on the 3584 and the car feels wayyy better on it I will get a twin disc and swap my new built bottom end in and really be able to enjoy this new set up to the fullest!!
IMG_8867.jpeg
IMG_9007.jpeg
IMG_9103.jpeg
IMG_9081.png
IMG_9044.jpeg
IMG_9104.jpeg
IMG_8994.jpeg
IMG_8967.jpeg
IMG_9015.jpeg
IMG_8939.jpeg
IMG_9006.jpeg
IMG_4215.jpeg
IMG_8940.jpeg
IMG_8983.jpeg
IMG_8972.jpeg

IMG_8999.jpeg

IMG_8980.jpeg

IMG_8975.jpeg

IMG_8989.jpeg

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back