The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

good FMIC kit???? is it a good deal?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AWD_Boosted4g63

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 2, 2007
Houston, Texas
Prod.#
DSM_IC_FIRSTGENPIPES

DSM INTERCOOLER "KIT" 1990 - 1994 1ST GEN 4G63

Price
$245.00

Add Item To Cart
DSM INTERCOOLER " KIT " 1990 - 1994 1ST GEN 4G63

DSM INTERCOOLER " KIT " 1990 - 1994 1ST GEN 4G63
Domestic Shipping: $50
International Shipping: $140

1990-1994 FIRST GENERATION FMIC ECLIPSE TURBO KIT, GST , TALON , LANCER • SUPER FMIC UPGRADE FOR THE DSM 1G ECLIPSE • CORE MEASURING • 25X12X3" THICK ! • SUPER DESIGNED END-TANKS • FLANGE FOR BOV WELDED ALREADY • INCLUDES HIGH END RUBBERS AND T-BOLT CLAMPS • 50MM BOV INCLUDED

It is by XSpower, who when they were on ebay had a good reputation, and i have their tubular manifold and i love it,
What do you guys thing about this kit

Stephen:talon:

F.M.I.C Kits Performance Racing Products for International Sales from SSAutochrome Inc.

I am interested to know about this as well. I am going to guess it can't be that great because of the price but I could be wrong.

yeah that's what i thought too, but i thought twice because like i stated previously, i have their SS manifold, it hasn't cracked or anything and whenever they had their ebay store, they were pretty good quality from what i've read on the forums,

Has anybody personally ran this or know someone who has

thanks

:talon:Stephen:talon:

It doesn't say what the maximum pressure it can hold is or whether or not there cores are pressure tested before they ship them. Sometimes these cheap buys end up being great and an awesome bang for the buck. Other times you get what you pay for. I personally have been on both ends of that one. It's your money but I'd like to see how good one of those kits are.

Who knows, you said youve used their products before and are satisfied so this might turn out to be a good item.

Yes, i know exactly what you mean, about the luck of the buy, but i never mentioned this before, i am only using my 14b and maybe a 50 trim later, but i found this and am keeping my options open, and if no one has used this product maybe i can give it a test run and do a review on it for future tuners.

I had considered going this route also, but there is no guarantee in quality (lot of horror stories floating around the net about xspower). I am leaning more towards the punishment racing budget intercooler and piping check it out
Blank
But if you do go thir route let me know how it works out.

I have the kit for the 2g and I love it. The pipes aren't near as long as the 1g since mine comes with the short route piping. I would say get it for the price it is. It worth it in my own opinion...

long piping :notgood:

If that isn't an understatment then I don't know what is.

But for the price it looks great, but after getting custom pipes made and having them polished, powder coated, or whatever your gonna end up spending more, and because of how the 1G's radaitor support there is almost always some cutting involed, but thats besides the point. After the work it would take to make this core work, to me it would be more worth it to buy one from one of our vendors.
But thats just my opinion on it, it could be worth it to you.

Kyle

I wouldn't trust XSpower or anybody on eBay what it comes to real performance no-name brands. I know XSpower sells crap manifolds that cannot take real performance. And I wouldn't believe what he says is the power rating it is good for. If you're serious about performance I'd buy the real thing.

The price seems to cheap to be a quality kit. But you never know maybe they are just trying to get rid of them.

Pfft... you're talking about a so-called company running on :tease: eBay. I hope no one's confuse but XSpower has no associating with TurboXS. I'd go with a real name-brand manufacture for performance with certifiable standard, warranty and you youself will know if can take what you want it to not it no-name crapper that goes on beater cars like Honduhs.

I can't believe there's still debates about the quality of these kits. The cores hold up just fine. I have the 2G kit and absolutely love it. Unless you're looking to build a <10 second car, go for it.

Yes this kit is great. The piping is a long route kit but it really doesnt hurt performance. My buddy see's full boost at 3200rpm on his 14b with this kit. The turbo moves the air so quickly the extra piping really doesnt hurt performance.

Yes this kit is great. The piping is a long route kit but it really doesnt hurt performance. My buddy see's full boost at 3200rpm on his 14b with this kit. The turbo moves the air so quickly the extra piping really doesnt hurt performance.

How can you say it doesn't hurt performance when he's spooling up that little 14b at 3200 RPM? That turbo should spool way before that. My 16g on the ebay FMIC w/short route spools at just under 3k. That said, I still recommend this kit to anyone looking for a great budget FMIC.

How can you say it doesn't hurt performance when he's spooling up that little 14b at 3200 RPM? That turbo should spool way before that. My 16g on the ebay FMIC w/short route spools at just under 3k. That said, I still recommend this kit to anyone looking for a great budget FMIC.

Yeah man, i am positive that this kit hurts performance of the 14b, wow 3200RPM, man you are losing some serious spool time, my 14b, before it was ported, reached full spool at about 2800, but now that it is ported, the lowest i've seen is a little over 2500 RPM,
if i was you, i'd cut up this piping, and short route it, or buy a completely new piping kit,
after that it'll be all gravy.:rocks:

Yeah man, i am positive that this kit hurts performance of the 14b, wow 3200RPM, man you are losing some serious spool time, my 14b, before it was ported, reached full spool at about 2800, but now that it is ported, the lowest i've seen is a little over 2500 RPM,
if i was you, i'd cut up this piping, and short route it, or buy a completely new piping kit,
after that it'll be all gravy.:rocks:

24psi by 3200rpm on a 14g is not bad, expecially with his cracked ass stock exhaust manifold and housing. The math has been done and proven that the extra piping will not cause any more lag than shorter piping. If I really wanted too I could look for the thread to prove you two wrong but I dont want to waste the time. It came out to about .004 of a second or something longer to push the air.

I have this kit on my 1g...requires some fabbing to mount the core, and getting the piping to fit nice is kind of a pain in the ass, but comes with some nice couplers and is definitly a good deal for the price!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back