The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

AEM Getting VE values from AEM Series 1

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DirtyBirdRacing

20+ Year Contributor
Nov 25, 2002
Chicago, Illinois
Does anyone know how to pull volumetric efficiency values out of a AEM Series 1 ECM?

Short story long, I pulled the motor I am using out of car that was tuned on an AEM series 1 ECM. I will use ECMlink to tune and run the engine as its more straightforward to me than the old AEM and has all the functionality I need. I will run the engine using speed density. It was run with a speed density setup by the previous owner on the AEM ECM. I pulled a bunch of data off the AEM ECM thinking I was going to find a VE graph, chart, look up table, etc. but I couldn't find anything having to deal with VE. Am I missing it or do I need to do some back calculating to back it out of the fuel table, ECM parameters, etc.?

Thanks.

Those old AEM's didn't really use a VE map. They just had a fuel map, basically afr and ve rolled into one. You were inputting pulse width essentially.

Thanks, yeah that is what I saw in the fuel map and what I have been seeing from my research. So without a bunch of logs/other data parameters I can't back calculate anything.

The fuel table will be the VE table if the tune was using the "Boost Compensation Table" with the table input linear & with a speed density setup. It's not that there is or isn't a VE table. When tuned with Boost Comp & set linear the fuel table ends up being the VE representation.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back