The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

getting closer to 300whp

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigRand

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 17, 2004
Toronto, Ontario_Canada
Okay so this thread is really simple....

I went back to the dyno today after putting in my rear (roll stop) polyurethane motor mount.

P.S. I would suggest to anyone putting over (or planning to put over) 250ft-lbs of torque to replace that rear roll stop mount with a poly mount, or go straight solid front mount.....the stock one just couldn't handle what I was throwing at it. (and it was brand new)

Here is what I did in about an hour or less. 285whp 300ft-lbs at 16psi on 550cc injectors (same as before) with a better timing curve (still needs to be played with, but at WOT uptop Ive got about 19-21 degrees advance)

I've got a bigger picture in the gallery

Attachments

• dyno285hpsep07small.jpg
    dyno285hpsep07small.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 454
probably not till next season, There is really only one race track that might be open this time of year up north here, but I have never been there to race, but if its open I might go. Also the main place that I go to might have an open stage lane on halloween night, and if it is I'm there...if I can't make it to any of those, then I'll be at the track in feb.

Nice job, Rand. I'm really curious to see that your peak is right around 5500. I hit peak on the stocker set-up that I had at 5800 (60mm TB). The ported intake I did peaked at 6800 and the OBX that I played with peaked at 7400 (with my ported head). What are you running for intake/head? Any changes from stock? That goofy ass OBX may help you (especially with turbo).

MB

Looking good, Rand. Keep at it! You're gonna make it happen!

Hey Randy, Did you change anything in your tune from the last dyno we saw? Or did you just help the drivetrain put the power your actually producing to the ground where it belongs?

Nice job, Rand. I'm really curious to see that your peak is right around 5500. I hit peak on the stocker set-up that I had at 5800 (60mm TB). The ported intake I did peaked at 6800 and the OBX that I played with peaked at 7400 (with my ported head). What are you running for intake/head? Any changes from stock? That goofy ass OBX may help you (especially with turbo).

MB

I had a ported intake mainfold, but a long long time a go, when I used to go to shops, they might have accidentally switched my intake manifolds with a stock one when I brought them two heads............

I've been meaning to port it again, just been spending money on other things.

But the head is ported, and I'm running the 60mm TB.

I've got a bigger intercooler and bigger piping that I still have to put on so I'll probably port the intake manifold when that all goes on.

Nice work man, is 300whp your goal? (for now at least!)

Also, do you happen to know how many lbs/min you were flowing?

Well I'm running 550cc/min and 52lbs/hr

Another thing to think about is how my profec B is operating, I have my start boost set at 10psi, so the boost is being held shut up to 10psi then ramped up to 16-17psi within 100-200rpms (check this out in my gallery )

Hey Randy, Did you change anything in your tune from the last dyno we saw? Or did you just help the drivetrain put the power your actually producing to the ground where it belongs?

added, fuel, and fixed the timing curve to make a better looking hump shape.

The timing map isn't really that aggressive yet either.

The boost level might have increased by about half a pound or so as well, but I didn't actually change anything with the boost controller.

Damn. I would slap on something a lot bigger than 550s. Do you know your cycle duty?

Damn. I would slap on something a lot bigger than 550s. Do you know your cycle duty?

I didn't get to log the duty cycles because I was only spending an hour on there, and we were on the real time display during the runs..and logging afr's and boost using the dyno dynamic. The duty cycle was probably at about 80-82%...But I didn't raise the bost level or anything because of the injector size.

Yeah if I ever get around to it I'm gonna put some 750cc or 790cc injectors on, but I like driving it for now, and I just got new tires and and camber kit and the car handles on rails.

I've been online too long today. I said "cycle duty." :coy:

If you have the means just get the biggest injectors you can without causeing running problems under light load cause injectors are def a do it big do it once kinda modd. My old tsi had 950's just cause i had the link and a way to keep them in check. What kinda a/f ratio's were you seeing I left my magnifying glass at home I can't read your dyno graph LOL

Everything is under 12 this time, that particular run you are seeing is there to mostly to see my boost curve, we actually went back in and dialed it down in the spots that were spiking

I hope you have a plan to squeeze out those last few ponies. You're so close to 300hp.

Good job, Randy. Keep us in the loop.

And link awakens from the dead, good to see ya man.

Yeah, long time no see, Link. We must be easily forgotten, eh? :p

OH YEAH, I got full confidence in the guy who helped me put the second tune down, he's putting 1200+whp on his 8.1sec turbo chevy nova.

If he says its good where its at, Plus I plan on playing with the timing to get some more hp (maybe an intake manifold might help too LOL).

Bullet: can you PM or email me your MSQ for your last tune (if you feel like it) I want to see what kind of advance you've got going on up top

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back