1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

2G Galant/Legnum suspension compatibility

Posted by RWD4G63, Feb 25, 2020

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Southbay Fuel Injectors
  1. RWD4G63

RWD4G63 Proven Member

Joined Dec 7, 2011
    Paw Paw, Michigan
    It seems that the EC5 Galant/Legnum shares a very similar suspension design to the 2G, anyone know the parts interchangeability? I'm asking because I want to make up a master list of lowering springs/coilovers available for the 2G, and MCA suspension has several options for the EC5.

Road Race Build 297  3

1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 2G DSM
  2. ec17pse

ec17pse Freelancer

Joined Nov 1, 2008
    London, UK, Europe
    The only different is lower rear arm and its ARB but thats about it. They use the same parts and sizes as i used to use some galant items myself years ago because it was more available to me in the UK

Road Race Build 10K  10  56

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    175 whp · 180.1 lb/ft · 2G DSM
    Kryndon and RWD4G63 like this.
  3. Kryndon

Kryndon Proven Member

Joined Jan 10, 2014
    Bulgaria, Europe
    Usdm Galants have a small-style knuckle which mounts to the shock itself, so be careful which galant part numbers you’re using. Also Legnums were JDM only and they all have similar suspension to 2gs like Bobby said.

Street Build 3K  12

1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 2G DSM
    ec17pse likes this.