The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

Galant Electronic Suspension

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moidsm1

20+ Year Contributor
Jul 14, 2002
Tucson_AZ
Hey guys,
Its been a while since Ive messed with Mitsus, But Im back in the game, Ive grown a little since my first Laser Turbo, and my family is expanding, so I went and picked up a 90 Galant GS FWD NT 4g63 with electronic suspension for pretty cheap.

I have a turbo engine ready for future so it should be a decent car by then.

Now for my question. I would like some opinions on the electronic suspension. Its in need of repair as sometimes I get a fault indication on the ECS display. Its always bottoming out too, and I dont think the car has been dropped but the car sits very low.

I would love to keep the original setup if Its feasable cost wise, Is there any way I can repair it with a kit and new shocks? Keep in mind that this system was very fundamental in the Galant winning the Japan car of the year award. Its cool to see the car lift itself up on the high setting!

Also The car has a switch in the console for sport steering, anyone know about this?

I will be posting here and on Galant VR4 Forum, Thanks

Last edited:
Sounds like the struts are blown. If you do plan on ever upgrading the springs you won't be able to run them with those struts as they will not be able to handle the stiffer springs.

Yea, the struts are old as dirt so I expect to repplace them, but I was wondering if anyone has any experience in repair of this system, maybe I can just buy the struts from satan and transfer over the bags, or just buy new airbags and replace them? I really dont know what to do yet. Im just waiting for some answers

Well for anyone reading this in the future, I ended up replacing my struts with some used set off a Galant GS Parts Car. I did find new sets from Discount mitsubishi pars at $300 per corner. I ended up getting the whole parts car for $100. After removal it looks like you can replace the Top Strut mounts, My rubber was cracked there which was part of my clunking sound. It does not look like you can replace the Bellows Air Bag.

Good Luck, I have alot of Galant parts for sale now.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back