The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Fuse box relocation questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Need some help figuring out this front and rear plug on the harness. I have everything else figured out though. I'm kinda confused because i want my box to go in glove box. Any help would be great. Thanks.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

This is the front connector or plug i was refering to.

Yea i know. But the problem I'm having is do i extend it. So if i ever want to remove harness or how has others did this? Thanks

Mine is replace by an Deutsch HPD20 connector close to the fuse box, allows me to just remove the fuse box.

I think you need to decide how to lay your harness out first, if you haven't already.

Yea think i will do that. I know i want it easy as possible to get harness out when i remove engine or transmission. I don't want wires rinning under radiator support. How did you have your lay out?

As Blurred said, it all depends on your set up, I didn't move the wires from the plug to the fuse box, I just adjust the rest of the wiring, I still have the same connector.

Just make your mind on what to do, you can remove the connector, leave it there or swap with another connector of your liky.

Yea think i will do that. I know i want it easy as possible to get harness out when i remove engine or transmission. I don't want wires rinning under radiator support. How did you have your lay out?

My chassis harness is the same as turbosax (Eric). My fuse box is in my air bag spot and runs under the dash to the fender wells. There's an HPD20 plug in either fender well, making my harness modular (I can remove it in pieces).

Pictures can be seen in my build: http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/dsm...-aka-rust-bucket-resto-mod-wire-tuck-etc.html

Thank you both for great feed back i have been looking at both your builds on harness. Finlay made my mind up how my lay out is. And decided to keep the original harness connector. I will be working on it day and night now to make it just right and lay it all out.

If you mean the 2 wire one that goes to the ECU, black/white and black wires iirc. No, your car will only run in open loop without it.
The 1 wire connection you Tstat housing is for the gauge in the dash.

Is there another one you are talking about?

The two wire one that has one black wire and one blue wire. Here is a picture of it.

That looks like your coolant level connector. If so, yes you can delete that.

Yup. It's been awhile since we did this in my brother's car so I don't remember for sure, but if it does trip the warning light in the gauge cluster just remove the bulb.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back