The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Fuse box relocation questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSM_GSX01

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 27, 2011
La Junta, Colorado
I have been wanting to relocate my fuse box that is in my bay to my glove box. Mt fuse box is beat up and missing one tab were it bolts down then the little snaps that hold the box it together some are broke. So i want to know when doing a fuse box relocation do you take off fenders on car? Also what all comes off to get the harness out? Just am kinda confused and want to clear it up. I am also wanting to know how much time this will take to do this this will be a good winter project for me. thanks

I have read it. But do i got to take off the fenders? And how do you rough the wire when done? I still dont get that.

Yes but I was in no rush again no real answer your looking for get in there do it and then youll know how long it takes you to accomplish it.

Im gonna start taking my fenders off tomorrow to get the harness out. I already am half way done the way i see it. And if i have a question or need help i will ask on here.

Now tomorrow should i pull my dash and make things easier. or will i be ok?

I was also wondering I need to pull both the chassis harness and the engine bay harness?

Dude, click the link I provided you in my first post on this thread. READ the entire write up, all your questions can be awnered if you read the provided link

If you want a good wire tuck then yes both fenders have to come off and both harnesses out. Just label all the plugs and which ones you will need and don't need. I did it on my 2G and didn't feel the need to remove my dash. It took me about 6 weeks thru the winter but it was like working on it a hour here a hour there every other day or so because it was winter and I didn't need it right away.

Yea thats why i am going to do the fuse box relocation now that it is going to be winter. Could i do it with out pulling both harnesses?

But the right way is to pull both correct?

Ok I will just pull both tomorrow. So that means pulling my dash again. Oh well. What is the chassis harness look like i have to pull i have been looking for that for months now? Thanks for the help

I got the factory service manual i look at it maybe once a day. And notes are my friend LOL. And i will make sure to label.

And no you didnt take the dash out? or yes you did?

I did not take the dash out to remove the harness.

I did take the dash out to route my harness as the chassis harness now runs across the car under the dash.

Ok so you don't have to take the dash out to get the engine bay harness out and that's the harness you modify right?

I was just wondering could I just pull my engine bay harness by itself? I pulled my drivers side fender starting on other side now. I am just trying to relocate my fuse box in glove box as easy as i can. I know there is no easy way to relocate my box. Also I had a question about routing it in the dash. If there is any pictures of how it is routed i would like to see. Thanks

you obviously didnt read the two above posted links. you keep asking questions and you already have the awnsers if you READ the provided write ups. you dont have to remove dash, you do have to remove both fenders, radiator and both harnesses. the engine harness is a peice a cake, the chassis harness (its built into the master fuse box panel) will make sense as your removing it. READ THE ABOVE LINKS GUY! :)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back