The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

EVOscan Fuel trims never show up idle

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sjd6795

Proven Member
May 14, 2014
Wilsonville, Oregon
So still tinkering with my tune to get AFR set perfect. I have seem to get idle to be near perfect it still shows a little rich after pulling up to a stop light around 12.5 then eventually comes back to around 14.

However when I let the car idle for 16+ minutes my fuel trims never changed, I had to drive the car and LTFT finally showed up and was around 3-5% if I remember correctly. After coming back to idle LTFT went to 12.5% and stayed there. During the drive I also did a pull and AFR was 10.8 I can adjust scaling easy enough to lower that to 10.5 if needed, but my mid or high fuel trims never changed the value just stayed at 0.

My cruising AFR is still rich but I believe I need to adjust fuel trim control points for maf smoothing?

I took a shitty video with my phone after coming back to the apartment and letting the car idle. My o2 sensor voltage is bouncing as it should, RPM are perfect, Battery voltage is perfect, MAF hz perfect, and LTFT is stuck at 12.5 and no other fuel trim are reading.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Fuel trims only change when the O2 AFR's don't match the target AFR's. Check your Lo-Octane & Hi-Octane Fuel Map tables & see what they're set to.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back