The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G Fuel pump hangers

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

that fuel pump hanger looks great. i thought id throw out a question for this thread. on the twin fuel pump set, how do you feel about compound instead? like instead of having two walbo 255's in tank, what if you had one walbro 255 in tank, and that pushed through a 3/8'' short route fuel hose, into the engine bay, through a high flow filter and then a inline walbo 255 mounted right there next to the engine delivers the fuel to the fuel rail.

instead of the twin design in tank, what if a single 255 pushed through nice high flow fuel hose and another 255 mounted only a few inches away from the engine. the inline pump that is mounted right close to the engine would not work from a deadstop, it would from a strong pressure source feeding it. the inline pump next to the engine would deliver that garenteed 255 of flow. i can imagine both pumps would have some what of a "work load" taken off of them if the pumps were in a compound lay out

Calan, if you're serious I'll order one real quick and have it shipped to you.

Sure.

PM me, or send an email to [email protected]

...how do you feel about compound instead? like instead of having two walbo 255's in tank, what if you had one walbro 255 in tank, and that pushed through a 3/8'' short route fuel hose, into the engine bay, through a high flow filter and then a inline walbo 255 mounted right there next to the engine delivers the fuel to the fuel rail.

People have run both configurations successfully for years.

still wondering opinions on a compound set up vs's double hanger set up. a single in-tank 255 that feeds to a in-line 255 thats mounted in the engine bay right next to the fuel rail. to me i see more advantages of having a compound set up vs the twin in-tank set up.

with the compound set up of having a in-tank and a in-line would be easier to diagnose when a fuel pump dies are has trouble. the twin set up would be alot harder to relize you had a pump failure until its to late? not to mention that the in-tank would be pushing to a in-line and that second pump would have like hardly any work-load on it at all, then it would deliver a garenteed amount to the rail

The 044 is a tight fit with the 1g stock hanger. Do you know how it will fit with this pump? I would love to invest in a hanger that will better fit the 044, or pumps just like it from Jay racing.

Do you happen to know what the diameter and height of the 044 pumps are?

FYI - I have a loaner Walbro 450 on the way, and will be working on a 1G hanger for it next.

Stay tuned!

Here are some pics with the pumps installed on the hanger. The float assembly isn't bolted up yet, but you get the idea.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I'm not thrilled with the anodizing (yet). It turns out that the welding rod I'm using came from a box of mixed alloys; sometimes it matches the rest of the aluminum, and sometimes it comes out almost black. The anodizing is fine functionally, but just doesn't look as nice as I want it to.

I took a test piece to them today with different filler rod welds, so hopefully we can get to the bottom of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got the -6AN feed line to the firewall and dual pumps installed over the weekend, and so far it's working as expected...although I haven't been able to push it yet as I'm still on crap pump gas.

Ok, this thing is phenomenal. Can't believe I didn't see this thread before.

Did you make the junction block with a 8AN fitting for future fuel needs if need be? I can see you used a reducer to run a 6AN line instead.

EDIT : Use 5356 AL filler it won't turn funky when ano'd, 4043 will straight turn broiwnish if not completely black and most other alloys will vary as well, but 5356 wets up nice, easily available and ano's great (and is stronger in temps up to 150* F compared to the common 4043 - leaned this the hard way making some ladders and accessories for a couple guy's boats when they went and had them all ano'd clear and the welds turned black (i made nice on it but honestly i should have known to investigate the projects a little more before saying "sure, gimme 2 weeks and X dollars"

Awesome looking Alan, I just scored a free brand new 044 from the GN i'm building for a friend (went to dual modified 255hp's and the hanger from Red-Jackson (respected in the GN community and a standard item for large HP e85 cars there) has the most generic y split i've ever seen, brazed copper LOL the Y block i made when i did this on the 2g GST tank proved t me that yuou're right on with your assumptions on cross areas on the splitter/Y

so, if you need the pump diameters or anything on that 044 it is right on my firewall and i can easily measure them at will, just shoot me a PM in case i'm not pon here to see your reply.

are you using Alibre Design? looks like the renderings it produces and i LOVE that program, I upgradedfrom 12 to 13 (version) last year and mani've forgotten a LOT over the summer outside because i'm going through tutorials again just to model some simple extrusions LOL autocad 2010 (which i have access to the entire suite (autodesk) is just way too much, i find alibre to be a great balance of us\er friendly and still able to putput into g-code when needed

as for putting water through the pumps, well, yes and no, in theory of a perfect world you wouldn't want to do it, now have I done it and are those same pump still working pushing gasoline jkust fine many years later = YES, but i would still advise to just use something like WD-40 bought by the gallon if you're looking for a less smelly and less spark excited test fluid.

Here are some pics of the 1G Walbro 450lph pump hanger:

The bottom support is going to change (or go away altogether) in the next revision, but I'm still not 100% sure on the final design. For this one (by request), a piece of fuel-safe material will be used between the pump and hanger base, although I'm not sure it is really necessary.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back