The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Dual Fuel Pump Questions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RonRonTSI

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 25, 2007
Lusby, Maryland
I Made a Dual fuel pump that consists of 2 wally 255s and I left the floater installed. It seems like it is stuck on quarter tank and it drives me crazy not being able to tell how much gas I have.:banghead: My questions are:

who has a 2 pump setup that has a working gas gauge and how did you do it?

And is there a gauge that comes with hardware that tells you your gas level?

I made my own and it still has the stock float. It works just fine. I stuck both wallys to the main bracket with a worm clamp. They are in just about the stock spot.

Okay so today I took the fuel pump housing out. I turned the key on and moved the floater up and down and I got nothing. The floater seems to be sitting in there just fine. I took pictures of my setup but there not that good because I took them with my camera phone. where do I go from here with trouble shooting? Any Ideas?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I followed the wires and saw that two of the were cut. I then connected them back together. I pulled out the pump and held the floater up. turned the key on and there you have it. Took a little while for the needle to start raising but it got there.

Later on that day I was driving and the needle started getting low. I was almost home and then the car started bucking. I started running out of gas and then the gas light came on. HAHA whats up with that?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back