The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bleakley

Proven Member
Jan 29, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Briefly searched to no avail.
Friend of mine and myself are looking at putting Walbro 450’s in the tanks of our ‘95 Talons.
We’re using the stock hangers and I realize this is an easy job.

However, I’m pretty detail-oriented (anal) and STM’s bulkhead fitting is 5/16” to 6AN and by looking at the pictures it doesn’t look like there is enough meat to drill the fitting out for true 6AN or 8AN flow.

Anyone know of a similar fitting that has a 3/8” barb on the end? Ideal fitting would be: -8AN male to 3/8” barb bulkhead fitting.
However, -6AN male to 3/8” barb would work.

Briefly searched to no avail.
Friend of mine and myself are looking at putting Walbro 450’s in the tanks of our ‘95 Talons.
We’re using the stock hangers and I realize this is an easy job.

However, I’m pretty detail-oriented (anal) and STM’s bulkhead fitting is 5/16” to 6AN and by looking at the pictures it doesn’t look like there is enough meat to drill the fitting out for true 6AN or 8AN flow.

Anyone know of a similar fitting that has a 3/8” barb on the end? Ideal fitting would be: -8AN male to 3/8” barb bulkhead fitting.
However, -6AN male to 3/8” barb would work.

Like THIS one?

Hell yeah, just like that. I NEVER check eBay. Lol. Thought didn’t even occur to me.
Emailed STM, but they have yet to get back to me.

Thanks sir. :)

That’s who I went to first.
Again though, they don’t have a unit with a 3/8” barb.
Have not heard back yet.

Is the barb on your 450 a 3/8"???
It worked perfect for our 95 TSI project, mated up with a Walbro 450 in tank. I didn't measure the barb on the fuel pump but the Fuel Injection line we used to couple the pump to the fitting was a nice tight fit.

Is the barb on your 450 a 3/8"???
It worked perfect for our 95 TSI project, mated up with a Walbro 450 in tank. I didn't measure the barb on the fuel pump but the Fuel Injection line we used to couple the pump to the fitting was a nice tight fit.
450 outlet is 3/8”
Either that or the mm equivalent. Whichever...

Nice to know, I didn't measure ours so now it is documented. Thanks for the information! :thumb:

I ended up using an STM fitting due to clearance.
I tried messaging STM and they did not reply back.
Someone needs to make a fitting for the 2G FWD’s with a decent ID.
The STM is a 5/16 to 6AN or 8AN. I’ve looked at and bought quite a bit of fittings. No one makes a 3/8” to 6AN or 8AN with a low profile.

So annoying.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back