1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

ECMlink Fuel Pressure Sensor wiring

Posted by Barra, Jun 30, 2019

Please Support Southbay Fuel Injectors
Please Support ExtremePSI
  1. Barra

Barra Proven Member

Joined Apr 4, 2003
    Salem, Oregon
    I'm looking at old threads on this topic but still am uncertain about getting a good 5v source for the sensor. I have the cheapo made in china 0-100 psi ebay sensor. Car is running V3 with 2g MAS. At this time I think my only available input is the EGT which is logging my WB now. I plan to swap the WB for the FPS for those times I want to log fuel pressure.

I have a federal car but I'm wondering if the wiring harness has the plug for the EGT? There are a number of plugs on the harness but I'm not sure if any are for the unused EGT on the federal cars. Even if there is one, would it be a viable option for connecting the FPS? I looked at some wiring diagrams online and it looks like the EGT on the CA cars only gets 4.7v so it may not be enough (range on the china probe is supposed to be 0.5-4.5V). However, if it would work it seems convenient to just fab up a connector plug and just plug the FPS sensor directly to the harness when needed for logging.

Has this been considered or tried in the past?

2. EVLGSX

EVLGSX Proven Member

Joined Dec 7, 2017
    Wallingford, Connecticut

Street Build 1K  8

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · manual · 2G DSM
  3. TSiAWD666

TSiAWD666 Freelancer

Joined Aug 15, 2003
    Herndon, Virginia
    TPS has a usable 5V source.

Road Race Build 13K  12  371

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    377 whp · 416 lb/ft · 2G DSM
  4. Barra

Barra Proven Member

Joined Apr 4, 2003
    Salem, Oregon
    Can I just tap directly to the TPS wire without affecting TPS function? I read on a prior thread that taping into the MAS sensor 5V wouldn't work.

5. Vegas smith

Vegas smith Proven Member

Joined Dec 2, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    I've tapped into many different 5v sources and I can't think of any that didn't work. I can't remember how my fps is hooked up but it's spliced into a two way switch with my wideband, and I just switch between inputs as needed.

Street Build 3K  10

1993 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 1G DSM
  6. TSiAWD666

TSiAWD666 Freelancer

Joined Aug 15, 2003
    Herndon, Virginia
    Yes.

Road Race Build 13K  12  371

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    377 whp · 416 lb/ft · 2G DSM
  7. Barra

Barra Proven Member

Joined Apr 4, 2003
    Salem, Oregon
    I was referencing a thread from last month on the same subject here: https://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/resolved-help-wire-up-a-fuel-pressure-sensor.516386/

I'd rather use the MAS 5v if it's all the same, I already have cut into that harness to wire my 2G MAS. I figure I can just splice of the the green red 5V to the sensor power and then splice back in the green black wire for the sensor ground. After that the signal wire for the sensor to a switch like you or a connector swap between the WB and this into the EGR temp input.