The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

(Fuel) Drag guys, who drive occasionally on the street...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okibonoe

Probationary Member
Dec 22, 2018
San diego, California
Whats your fuel system setup? Line size, rail size, injector setup, psi, regulator location, pump(s), etc? Im reading some conflicting info and am curious to what you guys say. 800+ hp/40+psi, with a little nitrous sprinkled on top.

Thanks!

Awesome. 74mm on a t4? Was your regulator before or after the rail? Thnx

Was your regulator before or after the rail? Thnx
It's strange you should ask this on a 800+hp build but FPR is after the injectors on or past the return end of the fuel rail. You want the regulated pressure available to all your injectors & low pressure for the return line.

It's strange you should ask this on a 800+hp build but FPR is afterthe injectors past the return end of the fuel rail. You want the regulated pressure available to all your injectors & low pressure for the return line.

Thnx!

Why would you say its strange?

This is only my opinion but most of the site members doing a 800+hp build know the basics, inside & out.

This is only my opinion but most of the site members doing a 800+hp build know the basics, inside & out.

Yup, makes a ton of sense. Im coming from the V8 world, where ive had high hp blow thru turbo and nitrous combos. 1000hp Ponchos and Fords, i can recite in my sleep. I also had an 11 sec Evo waaaaay back in the days. This time want to put a 1g 4g63 in a rwd domestic. Also my first time with FI on a high level, so im gathering as much info as possible. Thanks for the help. Its really appreciated.

Magnus Bracket, Waterman pump, Aeromotive mechanical pump regulator, 10an ptfe lines (feed and return), Magnus rail, sumped stock tank, TDC 2200 injectors.

2 walbro 255 externals, stock 5/16" line, stock filter, 2 stock soft lines, 2 stock rails, 2 stock fpr. Made 750 on an engine dyno at 32psi, usually run it at the track at 45ish....

Good stuff yall.

Mechanical vs electric pump? Thoughts?

I of course run the mechanical, it has its ups and downs, the expense being a down, the mounting and lines being a down, the up is that its the last pump you will need. You can look in my pictures for views.

Homemade pump mount running off of the exhaust cam, Aeromotive mechanical pump, Aeromotive big regulator for mechanical pump, dual Magnus fuel rails, (8) 1000cc staged injectors, -8 an feed, dual -6 an returns.

Last edited:
I of course run the mechanical, it has its ups and downs, the expense being a down, the mounting and lines being a down, the up is that its the last pump you will need. You can look in my pictures for views.

Homemade pump mount running off of the exhaust cam, Aeromotive mechanical pump, Aeromotive big regulator for mechanical pump, dual Magnus fuel rails, (8) 1000cc staged injectors, -8 an feed, dual -6 an returns.

Appreciate the candid response. Alot of guys wont speak on the negatives of a chosen part or combo....

Appreciate the candid response. Alot of guys wont speak on the negatives of a chosen part or combo....
Thats likely because there tends to be a human flaw, such that we think that whatever we have is the best, otherwise we wouldnt have chosen it, aka: we dont like to admit being wrong...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back