The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

FPR to Fuel return line help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgio213

Proven Member
Sep 27, 2017
Massachusetts
Hey guys,
Im wrapping up some odds and ends on my car and 1 thing that has me stumped is some pretty simple plumbing issues on the fuel system. Mainly what I need help with is how have you all run your return line from the FPR to the Fuel return. The stock return line is a slip fit and clamp connector and the return fitting on my FPR is an 8AN. Does anyone use the stock return line after upgrading the FPR and fuel system or should I just run 8an SS hose all the way back to the fuel pump/tank. This is probably a stupidly simple suggestion but googling has not yielded great results so I'm hoping you all will have some good tips. Thanks in advance for your help!
Cheers

I am just running stock lines here in the Midwest where stuff is still in reasonable shape. My FPR has a hose barb adaptor to 3/8 line but I can fit the stock hose over the barb. Its kinda tough and I have an E85 sensor in the return out of the FPR also so its a coiled up snake. :/
But, there you have 2 good options and I support Vic 100%.

Most will find 6AN return just fine, feed is the problem because if you go 8AN feed you need a pumo that can keep up pressures.

Currently im just running stock return line but when j get to the next stage i will be doing it 6AN return

Thanks for the input guys. I miss-typed earlier, my fuel system is all currently 6 AN not 8 sorry. But yea i found a connector with the barb fitting for my FPR so I just used that and tied into the stock return line. As long as the pressure test holds up and no leaks are found on the stock return line I'll run that. But I think eventually i'll switch it over to a full 6AN feed and return system just for simplicity and to replace the almost 30 year old lines under there. Thanks!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back