The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

1G Found a datalogger cable laying around and trying to get it to work.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kolat

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 16, 2010
Spokane, Washington
So I was going thru my box o parts from when I used to be into DSM's and found a 1g logger cable and I can't seem to get it to work with my laptop. I don't know if it's a laptop version cable or a palm version cable. It's OBD port on one end and female DB9 port on the other end. Plugged it into my lappy, opened palm emulator and then opened mmcd and it just tells me 0hz. I thought that the palm logger cables had male DB9 ends on them, any quick way to check using a continuity tester for which pin should be going to which pin?

T

does'nt really answer what I'm looking for since I'm trying to identify which cable it is. I went and got a null modem adapter anyways and still does'nt work.

T

I don't remember what since it's been a while since I used the palm emulator, but you do need one setting in the emulator program to make the com port work. Give a different program a try too. I like tmolog the best for 1g's, and at least it's a pc program so you don't have to mess with the emulator.

I don't remember what since it's been a while since I used the palm emulator, but you do need one setting in the emulator program to make the com port work. Give a different program a try too. I like tmolog the best for 1g's, and at least it's a pc program so you don't have to mess with the emulator.

The problem was a setting within the emulator, got it up and running. Now to figure out if I'm getting phantom knock or rich knock.

T

Last edited by a moderator:
Phantom knock is usually at random times, low boost(and/or all the time), "throttle tip in = knock, tip out + tip back in = no knock."

was seeing counts in the low 20's at 11 psi. Car runs crazy rich though.

T

Yeah i'd start leaning things out little by little to see if that helps.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back