The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

1G Forge Motorsport BOV springs

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBDdsmer610

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 4, 2006
easton, Pennsylvania
so I'm gonna be installing the recirculated model of the forge Motorsport BOV as soon as I took it out of he box the spring setup hats in it from the factory just seems like it is way to light considering I can push it all the way in with my fingers I kind of want to have he correct spring setup in it from the begining so I don't have to keep taking it apart can anyone recommend what springs I should use in it for my 15-16psi of boost or is it just gonna be a matter of swapping the springs out u till I get the right spring pressure for my setup?

And I don't kno if you guys noticed in the picture when you buy a forge BOV the way it is clocked then when you get it it's in the same position as stock I was able to use the tool that comes with a 5in grinder and bent the pins on the tool s little bit to fit in the bottom and I was able to re clock the BOV the way I wanted it so I kno snap ring pliers work but the tool to take the disk off a grinder also works here is a pic of my new BOV re clocked

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    202.9 KB · Views: 117
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    165.8 KB · Views: 129
To find out which spring you need, it's based on how much vacuum you see at idle, not how much boost you are running. What do you see on your gauge for idle vacuum?

I normally see anywhere from 19-22psi in the vac...I did some reading about the vac psi and the spring and saw that some ppl used the yellow spring and it pretty much stayed opened at idle and they had to end up using the red spring I guess I'll start with the yellow spring and one shim and I'll have to tinker with it till I get it right...I installed one on my buddy's car about 6-7 years back but I can't remember what spring we ended up using....and I really also like the fact I was able to clock the new BOV...and I read that sometimes after u clock them the O-rings can leak but I only cracked it loose not even a quarter of a turn then clocked it and tightened it back up, but I was just surprised I was able to do it myself cuz I didn't think it could be clocked at all without using some special tool!

I've always been curious about the stock BOV gasket does the rubber ring go on the BOV side or the intercooler pipe side that's always baffled me

I'm not sure if there is a right or wrong way on those. I've always used them with the rubber ring on the top sealing against the BOV and used a very light coating of rtv to seal up any imperfections on both sides of the gasket.

Ditto on the same way with the rubber towards the BOV I was only curious b/c the rubber ring is really close to the flange on the new forge BOV but I'll do it with the ring up with some RTV as always

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back