The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

first time im building my head

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NJgsx

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 11, 2004
mountainside, New_Jersey
i have a jdm 6 bolt motor and i wanna buuild my head ... anyone give me ideas on what i should do and what parts to look into ? thanks guys .... i have a 20g turbo...660 injectors...255pump and many other mods

How much do you want to spend?

You should get the head cleaned, resurfaced, valve grind, new valve seals at the very least. That should run you around $200-250.

I'd do the basic head rebuild, get some stiffer valve springs/retainers, and throw in a set of good cams.

i like the manley v-train, they are in jersey so if there are any problems you can stop by get new parts on the spot. we have a rail car that we rev the sh*t out of it and we only use the manley stuff at the shop.

I would do exactly what blackGSX2g said to do, but spend a little more, and get revised lifters, and ARP head studs to hold it all together. The lifters will run you 149.99$ from SBR, and the ARP headware will go for 80$ or so...not exactly sure long time since Ive seen the price tag on ARP head studs...Ill go check for exact price....89.99$ on SBR for the head studs.
Good luck

Dustin

While you're in there, replace your valve guides. They are a pain in the ass to do, but it's nice to know you won't have to touch it again for a long time. Get the bronze silicon guides, and do NOT use guide inserts.

Matt.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back