The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Fidanza Flywheel Dowel Pins

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jinscho

Proven Member
Jun 16, 2017
Bangor, Pennsylvania
I picked up a used Fidanza Lightweight flywheel, but it's missing two of the flywheel to pressure plate dowel pins. I bought some OEM pins, hoping they would work, but no luck. They are the stepped pins discussed pretty thoroughly in this thread from DSMtalk:

https://www.dsmtalk.com/threads/fidanza-flywheel-lost-its-dowel-pins.121673/

Unfortunately, as that thread was from 16 years ago, the part numbers listed for the pins (555001) comes up empty in a Google search

I have an email in to Fidanza, as I tried calling and their phone system is complete trash. Anyone know where else you can purchase these? I already put a brand new friction plate on this thing, so I would hate for it to be useless..

Yes. Fidanza utilizes stepped dowels, I think like 11mm to 8mm or so. And the Mitsubishi stock dowel pins are straight 8mm, so they don't fit on a Fidanza flywheel. I am sure that Fidanza can help you but in case if you can't find the replacements, just ask a machine shop to fabricate it. It won't be difficult.

Yes. Fidanza utilizes stepped dowels, I think like 11mm to 8mm or so. And the Mitsubishi stock dowel pins are straight 8mm, so they don't fit on a Fidanza flywheel. I am sure that Fidanza can help you but in case if you can't find the replacements, just ask a machine shop to fabricate it. It won't be difficult.

I wasn't aware a machine shop would be able to fab them, that gives me hope at least. In the meantime, I'm really praying that Fidanza gets back to me on their availability since they used to sell replacements as a kit.

Given the current circumstances, I'm not sure how quickly I'd be able to get the dowels made through a shop..

Just spent the past 10 minutes in a loop on Fidanza's phone system trying to get through to someone. Is there seriously no other place to buy these stupid ass dowel pins?!??

Just spent the past 10 minutes in a loop on Fidanza's phone system trying to get through to someone. Is there seriously no other place to buy these stupid ass dowel pins?!??
I just checked with my supplier and the part number doesn't exist in the system anymore, which means probably it's discontinued or they don't retail it anymore. So the options would be, keep contacting Fidanza or fab them as I mentioned above. I don't know what happened to Fidanza, maybe they are taking longer to respond than usual because of the COVID-19 mess.

Before giving up on this and buying a new flywheel (couldn't get through to any machine shops in the area to have some made due to the C19 outbreak and everything being shut down in Northeast PA) I decided to have my wife reach out via Facebook. I don't utilize "social media" and have never setup a Facebook account, so while this would have been a first step for many, for me it was a last resort.

I should have had her reach out sooner, because I got a reply back within a couple hours (meanwhile, still can't get through via traditional means).

For future reference for anyone who may end up in this predicament, here's instructions on how to get replacement stepped dowel pins from Fidanza:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Outstanding. I had the same problem, but pulled the dowels out of a spare flywheel. Pulled them from a FWD flywheel for an AWD one. Had no idea we could get replacements. Good looking out.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back