The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

fic 1680cc high z installation?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcarmichael

10+ Year Contributor
May 3, 2011
Greenwood, Indiana
I bought these for a pretty big steal off a guy on here last week. a cpl questions I have, from what I was reading today I would have to delete my resistor box which isn't a big deal. however I don't know what wires to cut and solder together to get them to work correctly. also I was reading the dead time will be lower then low impedance injectors and some ppl have even had there dead time close to stock. If anyone can give me an idea on the dead time and deleting the resistor pack I would greatly appreciate it.

thanks as always
Josh

yea I saw that plug on a search I did seemed mellon racing sold it, which would be nice to get, but other wise just cut and short them all together no specific's. I will take a picture and upload it before I cut to make sure it is the right part of the harness. sounds simple enough though

however for the cost of 22.00 it might be worth just getting the plug and save myself 10 mins.

It will also save you the hassle of sourcing another resistor box if for some reason you ever need to run high-z injectors.

Also, I know my brother mentioned at one point elsewhere that one of those wires might be stainless, so soldering might not be as straight forward as normal.

Ic, from everything I was reading about the high z injectors don't think I will ever want to go back. however still better to be safe then sorry. just realized you've been helping me on ecm tuning as well.

appreciate the help as always
Josh

Ah, so that's who I was helping!

As for deadtime, since you have link, I'd contact Tom offline and see if you can send your injectors in for him to test. This way you'll get all the appropriate numbers (individual deadtimes, InjBatteryAdj values for the DA table, etc.) to run them properly.

sounds good, if I didn't send them into tom would there be any bad consequences to just putting them in and trying out different dead times? besides it just not running quite as well as it should. but just order the plug from fic, now I just gotta run to lowes or somewhere to find a piece of copper for the o2 sensor installation.

its been about 5 months since I watched that video last, understand a little bit more of what hes saying now, appreciate you posting that there, once I get the plug for the resistor wires and get them put in I can come back to this to go through it all again. another great thing on a side note, for my sd setup we have a machine shop at my work one of the older guys in the back said he would weld in the bung for me for free.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back