The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

General High Z vs Low z

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FAQGSX222

Proven Member
Jul 26, 2015
Louisville, Tennessee
What kind of difference is there between the injectors when tuning? I’ve currently running a Walbro 255 but upgrading to a Walbro 450 or something similar. I’ve read a lot about the efficiency but the price difference is huge. I’m not saying I’m definitely buying Low Z but I’d like to get some feedback from anyone that might know firsthand

High impedance injectors generally idle and start better, they dont require a injector resistor box, and they are all around easier to tune with/more linear.

Large low z injectors have a hard time transitioning between low pulse widths and WOT situations. My 1650 low z's gave me that problem and I couldn't tune it out so I put in Hi z 2150's and they were so easy to set up and dial in.
Agree that the Hi z are much easier to tune, at least for what I do.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back