The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G Fender Flare Fabrication

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stagen

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 28, 2007
Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin
Figured I'd post this up to hopefully keep me motivated to work on this more.

In the process of designing/fabbing some flares for my '91 Talon. With my wheel setup, 17x9 +22 on 255/40s, I had about 1 - 1.5" of poke with camber set for street use. If the mold turns out well enough I might try selling a few sets.

Started by glueing some foam blocks to the taped up fender. Nothing fancy, its used for floral arrangements, sands super easy and doesn't dissolve under fiberglass resin.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.
1G DSM flare design
by Michael Hagen, on Flickr

1G DSM flare design

1G DSM flare design

Threw a couple layers of 'glass on, shaped the fender arch with some stranded filler, and rough trimmed it.
Still lots of final shaping and smoothing to do, plus still deciding if I want to add bolt hole locations. I am a fan of the bolt on look.

Now I need to start on the rear, and then attempt to copy everything to the other side.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Looks good man! For all thats involved you should just mold the whole fender. Just my thoughts. Heres mine, im running xxr 527 18x9.75 20 offset and 275 tires.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back