The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

fabrication ideas

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

my shifter is already 2 inch's smaller than what it should be;)

...i said it before but maybe you guys missed it..Where's the best place to get heim joints?

so yeah, i havent made much process on anything yet, But i did make solid bushings for the shifter plate, i made two steel bushings where the shifter attaches on, and i cut my stock shifter and welded it a little farther down for about 3/4 shorter throw.. Being in college and working on your car sucks, esp when you can have it at school. Over thanksgiving break i'm removing some of the suspension parts to get some measurements to make some tubular stuff..

Any more ideas guys? Once i get the ball rolling with this stuff i really wont want to stop, until every bushing is solid, and anything that can be made into something tubular is...well tubular.

ah we dont get on any computer aided machines untill our 3rd year, or i deffently would be interested in making something like that

how would you design it? Would you make it the same as the stocker? or would make it different?

build a spellchecker... "machinest"??

LOLaghaahahaa I almost fell outta my chair!

So what courses are you going to take? I currently registered this year for all four milling classes to become certified. solid motor mounts are the simplest parts to make. How about a set of shifter bushings for one.

already made them, and i just need to take my old motor mounts out to get the measurements.

A billet valve cover would be crazy! maybe I can get that in when we start milling this next semester.

I want to make billet case covers for my GSXR for one. Some billet rear set pegs too. Some with like 9 different positions for pegs. An alternator block off in the works too. I've got a list for the bike.

how would you design it? Would you make it the same as the stocker? or would make it different?
No, I wouldn't make it anything like the stocker. I would make it 'attach' to the head like factory (and seal with an o-ring instead of the factory gasket), but all other aspects of it would be custom. But as far as design goes, I'd have to sit down, take measurements, and start cutting. I'm not 100% certain what I would want it to look like yet...

Another cool project would be a billet rear end cover. You could even make a provision that has bolts pass through to help support the bearing caps. :thumb:

Since these are readily available, though, I would go with the brackets. So something rigid and adjustable, possibly allowing more downpipe room without having to eliminate the A/C compressor...

What in the world does the downpipe have to do with the AC compressor or any other accessories?

I vote: motor mounts, tubular control arms, lightweight bumper supports, spark plug cover.

Be careful with aluminum bumper supports, they will not take any kind of collision, and the drivers in this area....

Do any cars have steel bumpers any more? They're all either plastic or aluminum.

Last edited:
Billet adapters or mounting flanges to mount a manual Mustang II steering rack. How about a serpentine belt setup?
I used to be a machinist for about 4yrs. and was sick of getting laid off so I picked another profession. So now I have this little setup which allows me to make small stuff that I need.

Attachments

• shop pic.jpg
    shop pic.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 165
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back