The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Custom Fabrication

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dedge

Proven Member
Jun 21, 2014
Long Island, New_York
My 2g 99 eclipse was put together with a 97 motor, 99 ecu, as well as the wiring harness being modified to some extent and some of the sensors were replaced with generic one's. The main problem with the car is that the computer tells the car its overheating and it needs to shut down. The headers become hot to the touch and the car the car won't start up again until its could for a few hours. Need help figuring out which sensors to tackle first

First of all, why are you overheating in the first place? Check your thermostat for operation. Also make sure your coolant temp sensor is working properly, along with the rad fan switch sensor

Sound like a bad crank or cam sensor, is start with those. Check the wiring and the sensors them selves. What does the temp gauge do when all of this happens? What kind of coolant mix? Are you sure all the air bubbles are out of the system and there are no leaks? Do the fans ever kick on?

First of all, why are you overheating in the first place? Check your thermostat for operation. Also make sure your coolant temp sensor is working properly, along with the rad fan switch sensor
Copy that i'll start looking at those[DOUBLEPOST=1408886234][/DOUBLEPOST]
Sound like a bad crank or cam sensor, is start with those. Check the wiring and the sensors them selves. What does the temp gauge do when all of this happens? What kind of coolant mix? Are you sure all the air bubbles are out of the system and there are no leaks? Do the fans ever kick on?
The temp gauge will sometimes flare from cold to hot but most of the time it stays at cold, the coolant mix is normal, and theres no leaks, the fans will only kick on if the car stays on long enough for them to start turning[DOUBLEPOST=1408886315][/DOUBLEPOST]
You already posted this, 97 and 99 motor are the same, its normal for the exhaust manifold to be hot to the touch it can get around 1000* or more
This time i'm finding out which sensors would cause the car to shut itself down, and which ones i should replace first

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back