The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Evo 8 ECU in 1g

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZDA1728

Proven Member
Dec 13, 2012
Chicago, Illinois
Anyone how to make the adapter harness for this. Can the pins from 1g harness just be swapped to the Evo harness clips without hacking wires?

Thanks, I found some posts about this but nothing specific.

I found a 39 page thread on evom about this, pretty long thread if you'd like to check
Evo8 ECU in a 1G DSM in the works! - evolutionm.net

Also this member did it on a Galant VR-4, if the schematic is the same it might help. Looks like an adapter harness would make life easier, instead of hacking wires.
How To: Evo 8 ECU | Galant VR-4 > How To and Info Archive | GalantVR-4.org Mitsubishi Galant VR4 Forum

I'll search more, I'm pretty curious about this as well, but got lazy since DSMLink v3 works awesome. Have you considered DSMLink if you don't mind me suggesting?:sneaky:

I think someone actually makes an adapter at this point for like a hundred bucks.

I was working on this once upon a time. I went and pulled the ECU pigtails out of a Galant, if I remember right, because they match the Evo 8 ECU. And I took an old DSM ECU that was toast and pulled the big white connector thing out of it. And then I just proceeded to make a patch harness out of those two components.

That's probably the cheapest way, but it's also labor intensive. Unless you're decent at soldering then I would just buy an already made patch harness.

Any issues/concern on the use of G and FR Generator pinout on the Evo 8 ECU as there are only two wires for the voltage regulator instead of four on the 96+ alternator?

I am going to run the 3G fan PWM.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back