The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

EVO 8 ECU in a 1g. Who has it done?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jazzyjay

20+ Year Contributor
Mar 27, 2003
South_CarolinaUS
Who here has done this? The hottest tread in this forum is a EVO 8 ecu in a 2g but I need ifo directed to the 1g. I have the EVO 8 ecu and I know about the jumper harness(will be done this weekend) what else is need and what problems are you guys having to get the car to run right if any. Links to info are well come.

You'll need basically the same rom changes as the 2g needs. Run a 96530006 rom with the immobilizer disabled, slightly reduced knock sensitivity, and some MAF compensation.

I would suggest picking up an evo8 knock sensor as well. There is some difference between the 1g and KS so I wouldn't trust the 1g piece with the evo8 ecu.

You will need the Tactrix cable and ECUflash. EvoM has a write-up on installing the ecu in a first gen.. There is also a post as to which periphery bits to turn off.

On a side not, be sure to run ecu unlocker in case your ecu is locked. I recently picked up another ecu for my 92' and somebody had already flashed it and changed the int. code.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back