The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

ETS 95-99 Eclipse 2G DSM 7" Street Intercooler Kit

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

murcielago

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 12, 2010
Central Jersey, New_Jersey
Hello Tuners.
I have a '98 Eclipse GST
So i'm in the process of upgrading my SMIC to a slight expensive ETS FMIC Kit.

I was speaking to one of the agents up in Extreme Turbo, and they said i can keep my Fog Lights and Crash Beam.. According to what i read on the FMIC it is very good an efficient for up to 450hp, now im not close from that but late rin the future i sure will, maybe nothing that close but close enought to feel some power as i want to keep this car full factory weight plus occupants and street legal all the way for fun summer driving..

I Would like to know if anyone has any pictures of it installed?

should i get it painted from them or you guys think i can spray it my self to save the extra $20 they charge, as i want it black(not a fan of stand out intercoolers on my personal opinion and cars) and can i paint it with engine enamel?

Like i Said before what do you guys think about this? its +$700 im spending here on a kit.. So please Pictures and opinions on installation would be nice..

Thank You!:)

Most people will tell you to get another kit but coming from someone who had the kit I can tell you that I loved it. If you are going to get it, spend the extra $20 and get it anodized and please don't "spray paint" it. The fit was great and yes you keep both the fogs and crash bar. It actually bolts to the bottom of the crash bar. The pipes bolt up and fit very well, I had the iron piping which did have some weight to it but I believe they have their kits with aluminum piping now.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Here are some more installation pictures:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Tuners.
I have a '98 Eclipse GST
So i'm in the process of upgrading my SMIC to a slight expensive ETS FMIC Kit.

I was speaking to one of the agents up in Extreme Turbo, and they said i can keep my Fog Lights and Crash Beam.. According to what i read on the FMIC it is very good an efficient for up to 450hp, now im not close from that but late rin the future i sure will, maybe nothing that close but close enought to feel some power as i want to keep this car full factory weight plus occupants and street legal all the way for fun summer driving..

I Would like to know if anyone has any pictures of it installed?

should i get it painted from them or you guys think i can spray it my self to save the extra $20 they charge, as i want it black(not a fan of stand out intercoolers on my personal opinion and cars) and can i paint it with engine enamel? Like i Said before what do you guys think about this? its +$700 im spending here on a kit.. So please Pictures and opinions on installation would be nice..

Thank You!:)

The $20 is for the pipes to be powder coated black. It is $100 to get the intercooler its self anodized which is what you want to do. I am getting this for my rebuild!! :D

The $20 is for the pipes to be powder coated black. It is $100 to get the intercooler its self anodized which is what you want to do. I am getting this for my rebuild!! :D

yea? thats pretty cool I'm almost buying mine just gotta get the right check at work, but pretty soon ill be riding with that ETS 7" Intercooler....

Thanks for the info.

No problems at all! It was super easy to install. It attaches to the bottom of the fiberglass reinforcement bar. Well worth it... I'll snag some pics tomorrow too.

Yes, straight from the source!

Here's a pic. It's been used for about a year. So gives you an idea how it hold up.

Are my pics not showing or what? I attached a gazillion pics and it's as if the OP ignored them...smh

DUDE.. i love your pics i saw them all very nice... i can't wait to get mine..

Yes, straight from the source!

Here's a pic. It's been used for about a year. So gives you an idea how it hold up.

nice pic .. looks good and i like where the mounting points are towards the back of the crash beam.. thats good.. i cant wait till i get mine.. :thumb:

Last edited:
im looking for an ic that would support my build i should be flowing approx 50 lbs/min with my turbo will the street kit in the 3.5 inch core be enough or should i go for the 10.5 inch race core? not much info on most efficiant core for matching lbs/min to cfm... is there a rule of thumb or anything?

Last edited:
Most people will tell you to get another kit but coming from someone who had the kit I can tell you that I loved it. If you are going to get it, spend the extra $20 and get it anodized and please don't "spray paint" it. The fit was great and yes you keep both the fogs and crash bar. It actually bolts to the bottom of the crash bar. The pipes bolt up and fit very well, I had the iron piping which did have some weight to it but I believe they have their kits with aluminum piping now.

Here are some more installation pictures:

ETS has 4 different ones for the fmic, what one is best and where did you get the piping done? Custom?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back