The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Electrical Help Please.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NCFWDDSM

Probationary Member
Sep 30, 2005
Concord, North_Carolina
Hey Guys,
On my 93 AWD I just got done replacing the transmission and turbo.
Went out for a test drive and all was fine. On the second test drive my power mirrors and auto seatbelts stopped working. Also when I turn the fan on inside the car (one for heat or a/c) the fan for the radiator comes on.

Can all this be related to something?

I did have a problem after my trans/turbo install. When I put the battery back in there was a hot wire exposed and it started smoking. I think it touched a chassis ground. I quickly fixed that.

The car still runs and drives fine. Just no windows or seatbelts and the wierd thinng with the climate fan turning on the radiator fan.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Alex

Turning on the A/C can activate the secondary radiator fan. Check your fuses for the seatbelt/mirrors (in the driver's foot box and in the engine bay) and make sure you reconnected all the ground wires properly when you installed the transmission.

Here is the electrical manual:
91+ Electrical Manual

Get a multimeter and start checking continuity and voltage at the appropriate connections. It will take a few minutes, but there is not a lot else you can do with electrical problems.

Definitely check your fuses.. Also check where the wire grounded itself to you could have another wire that was frayed seeing as you had smoke and could be grounding something else out... Never heard of mirrors and seat belts going out at the same time though... Check and make sure your connections in the door panel are still connected..

there is a electrical called the body control module that might have gone bad. it is possible that you killed it by grounding the wire. which wire was it?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back