The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Eclipse GSX prices.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSM IN MN

Supporting VIP
May 17, 2009
Wadena, Minnesota
I'll probably get alot of crap for posting this, but so be it...

All I have been doing for the last 9 months is looking for a 2G Eclipse GSX forsale. Now, if you all haven't seen my current posts, a 14 year old, can't get "that modded GSX down the street", ok?

Now, my state in which I live, has next to nothing for reasonable 2G GSXs or any 2G Eclipses for the matter...

Why isn't there a DECENT 2G Eclipse GSX forsale anywhere? I don't know a sane parent of a 14 year old willing to pay 8K for a 14-10 years old, with 1xx,xxx miles and some with 2xx,xxx miles. This is KIND of a rant but I mean, come on... Anyway, this will get interesting I bet...:banghead:

Be blessed.

Have been texting the owner of this car: 1996 eagle talon tsi for the last hour or so... It's looking good... Thus far..

Wonder if I will be able to look at this one this time? LOL

What do you guys think of it?

what about this one. 96 eclipse GSX

Yeah, that was the one that was posted ealier. The owner sold it but didn't close the ad.

Last edited:
Sorry, the stupid Multi-quote is on... That was posted ealier, the 96 in Wadena. The guy sold it and didn't close the craigs list add.

This one: 1996 eagle talon tsi is a 5-speed.

Thanks again you guys. For all the links and such, really helping me out... But I must get off now. Got studying to do and don't want to upset the parents now do we? LOL God bless.

But serisously guys, what about this one? We might be going to look at it this Saturday (and maybe buying it).... What do you think it shoul dbe worth or how much would you pay??

1996 eagle talon tsi

I was told, because he is not recirculating his BOV, it should take some money off... But I'm not really sure. Thanks.

Someone on a different forum said "it's missing a timing cover and exhaust manifold heat shield. And and two of the 4 bolts holding the turbo on."....

Now the timing cover I can see and most people don't keep the heat shields, do they? And I still don't see how someone can see that it's missing 2 or the 4 bolts holding the turbo on...

Because the 4 bolts on the turbo manifold are turbo bolts, they go through the manifold into the turbo. There are two missing on the left side.

Ah, now I see. I couldn't see the furthest back ones sorry.

Green 1996 Eagle Talon Tsi SOLD! So we must find a new one....

There is a 1997 Eagle Talon TSI (AWD) forsale and the person is saying 1. The check engine light is on because of the cat.. and 2. The ABS light comes on, "pretty common in these..." - from the seller.

Just want to know if that is true or not.

I have yet to recieve a text or email reply from the owner... I am making the assumption it has already been sold, but persueing it as though that is not the case...

Here are the pictures:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

(LOL I have also just noticed how my original post was about 2g GSX prices, now I'm into 2g Tsi's LOL)

Can't forget the interior pic!

Link to car: TALON TSI <

Ok, I did a little searching for you on the ABS light

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/newbie-forum/357493-abs-light.html

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/newbie-forum/355933-anti-lock-light.html

Both of those threads say common problems with ABS and how to fix them. As far as the engine light goes just have the guy pull the code and if it is the cat just replace it or put a testpipe in.

and can we get a pic of this thing?

(Thanks for those links BTW)

Last edited:
Looks good man! that rear diff. being shot is no good tho. If he comes down to 1500 then maybe.

As of now I am assuming he doesn't have the car anymore because I sent him a text and an email and no reply...

I've been lookin for cars for you the past couple of days havent found much in your price range. I have a buddy with a 97 GST with a supra back on it LOL...that about it... when I get back in to the cities May 7th i'd be more than happy to help you look a little harder

I've been lookin for cars for you the past couple of days havent found much in your price range. I have a buddy with a 97 GST with a supra back on it LOL...that about it... when I get back in to the cities May 7th i'd be more than happy to help you look a little harder

Thanks.

I might go get this in the next week just to screw with (work on, learn.... and the like)...

1992 Eagle Talon
Still looking for a 2g GSX though, none the less.

dont do it, if youre gonna get one(and treat it right) find a nice one.....please no rice though.....just bought a 99 turbo spyder that was kind of riced out.....going through some headaches fixing somethings

dont do it, if youre gonna get one(and treat it right) find a nice one.....please no rice though.....just bought a 99 turbo spyder that was kind of riced out.....going through some headaches fixing somethings

I'm still waiting on an email reply with pictures and info on what parts were taken off.... And if I get the parts as well...

And I think I would pay $500 or so... Something to keep my busy... Maybe get it running, never know... (and I already have a Haynes repair manual for that year DSM, go figure).

That's a coincidence. There are lots of GSX's where I live. Just to make sure, I went and searched for some, and found a lot in the $2000-4200 range.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back