The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Eclipse GSX prices.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSM IN MN

Supporting VIP
May 17, 2009
Wadena, Minnesota
I'll probably get alot of crap for posting this, but so be it...

All I have been doing for the last 9 months is looking for a 2G Eclipse GSX forsale. Now, if you all haven't seen my current posts, a 14 year old, can't get "that modded GSX down the street", ok?

Now, my state in which I live, has next to nothing for reasonable 2G GSXs or any 2G Eclipses for the matter...

Why isn't there a DECENT 2G Eclipse GSX forsale anywhere? I don't know a sane parent of a 14 year old willing to pay 8K for a 14-10 years old, with 1xx,xxx miles and some with 2xx,xxx miles. This is KIND of a rant but I mean, come on... Anyway, this will get interesting I bet...:banghead:

Be blessed.

Man im not trying to be mean at all or anything but a gsx is just not a 15 year olds car, its like giving a 15 year old a 70 roadrunner, you just dont do it. You dont mod the hell out of them unless its for the better of the car and you dont drive the hell out of them, thats what the base models are for. Gsx's have become cars that are just there to be cherished. Buffed every few months, garage kept, and only taken out on the weekends. I honestly think that every dsmer should have to go through having a 420a so they learn how to respect a dsm. Nothing against you man, thats just imo.

I don't agree with a single thing you said. I have 2 2g AWDs, I have also owned a 1g GST and a 2g GST. I bought my DSM to drive, race, and build. If I was going to buy an econobox DD it sure wouldn't be a N/A DSM!

After owning an Audi TT for a year and having it sit in the garage most of the time I will never buy another car I can't drive constantly.

Man im not trying to be mean at all or anything but a gsx is just not a 15 year olds car, its like giving a 15 year old a 70 roadrunner, you just dont do it. You dont mod the hell out of them unless its for the better of the car and you dont drive the hell out of them, thats what the base models are for. Gsx's have become cars that are just there to be cherished. Buffed every few months, garage kept, and only taken out on the weekends. I honestly think that every dsmer should have to go through having a 420a so they learn how to respect a dsm. Nothing against you man, thats just imo.

I don't agree with this at all. My 97 GSX is the first DSM I have ever owned and I built the hell out of it and had no problems with it and tore it down again this winter to build it even more. But I did get it when I was 18 and knew that I was going to build it and beat on it. If you want a GSX and you have the patience to find one, then do it. Don't get talked into getting a N/T and then just leave yourself wanting to upgrade shortly after buying the N/T, then your back to square one.

I currently live around louisville ky and thier pretty hard to find around here, im looking for one for my first car, i will be 17 Jan.31 so im looking for one with my dad, the best one i came across was in lexington which is like 2hrs away.. the guy is wanting 4k but my dad talked him down to 3500, has around 120k mile on it.:hellyeah:

Just grabbed the 99 GSX 5 Speed inmy avatar for $5,000.00.
You are one lucky mutha@#$@#$:mad:

I don't agree with this at all. My 97 GSX is the first DSM I have ever owned and I built the hell out of it and had no problems with it and tore it down again this winter to build it even more. But I did get it when I was 18 and knew that I was going to build it and beat on it. If you want a GSX and you have the patience to find one, then do it. Don't get talked into getting a N/T and then just leave yourself wanting to upgrade shortly after buying the N/T, then your back to square one.

So you don't think that a gsx is a car that is meant to be taken care of and respected.... Well you sure don't deserve yours then. I'm not saying they can't be daily driven and I never implied you couldn't build them. I just find it stupid that someone with no source of income go out and buy an awd 11-15 year old turbo car. Did I want a gsx when I was his age yes, but I also respected them enough to learn how to treat a car that needed care before buying one. But it's a personal thing and if you've never worked your ass to the bone to acheive what you have you'll never understand.

Last edited:
I just found this web site. I have a 97 GSX Black 5 speed. I am the only owner.
The car has been well taken care of. I only drive it in the summer. It is always in the garage. It's time to move on and say good by to it. I only want it to go to someone who will take care of it. What is it worth. It is all stock except for a new battery and tires. It has less than 47,000 miles. Yes less than fortyseven thousand miles.

Thanks

If I only could get that little for it. I am going to see the guy at the Sony store who told me he would swap me the car for a new TV.

That is not that far or that much to pay for what you have. I have a 97 GSX, I paid alot more than what you guys have, I got mine from California and I live in Canada (Saskatoon, SK for those who know where that is), and I will drive it til it will not drive anymore, then maybe rebuild it! :D

That is not that far or that much to pay for what you have. I have a 97 GSX, I paid alot more than what you guys have, I got mine from California and I live in Canada (Saskatoon, SK for those who know where that is), and I will drive it til it will not drive anymore, then maybe rebuild it! :D

Same, GSX's on our side of the border cost some pretty $$, in good condition of course.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back