The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Ebay Evo III Big 16g, Changed their boost specs

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gijoe985

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 13, 2007
Grandview, Washington
I created a link about ebay parts and it got moved to another thread that I couldn't add to. Either way, I have a new, but related topic. The ebay turbo thread was talking about the Evo III 16g turbo sold on ebay here-

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TD05D-BIG-16G-Turbo-Turbocharge-EVO-3-4G63-4G63T_W0QQitemZ190133723173QQihZ009QQcategoryZ33742QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

But if you look here you can see what the same seller is selling today-

eBay Motors: TD05D BIG 16G Turbo Turbocharge EVO 3 / 4G63 / 4G63T (item 190133723173 end time Jul-27-07 17:00:00 PDT)

The auction pages are almost the same. It is the exact same description except the first one advertises 25-30psi, and the second advertises 10-15psi. What changed? Why would they change that? I believe that this was the same turbo. I am going to try to PM the guy who made that thread to see if his is still working well. He was originally saying he was getting 23psi, with full boost at 3000rpm. I'm curious if he is still doing well.

Just looking for thoughts.

Hmm, I just visited both links and they are the same?!? :confused:
Both were ended, maybe they edited the post.

The problems that I see with the first turbo is that they have it as a "TD05D", which is completely false. An EVO III 16G has a TD05H compressor housing, as did every other 16G, 14B, and I think the 13G's too. This is clearly evident from the shape of the compressor housing itself. Look at the compressor housing, it doesn't even have "TD05H" embossed on it. This turbo is one of the Chinese EVO III 16G turbos that are always sold on ebay. There have been numerous reports of them failing after just a few strong pulls. As for the second turbo, it is the same as the first. Do the right thing, if your looking for an EVO III, buy one from a reputable shop that get true MHI turbos.

Ryan

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back