The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

ebay engine 4G63DE work for 2g gst?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fifty

Probationary Member
Mar 11, 2005
santa ana, California
i saw an ad on ebay that they are selling a JDM 4G63 2.0L Engine - 1989-94 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS GS. ii read it and it say that it wont work for turbo gst 2g. also it say that:These earlier 4G63DE engines (as listed in this auction) are not equipped with sensors. This engine is also not designed to replace the 1.8L Eclipse Engine.

can someone please explain this to me?
would it work for a 2g gs-t? and if i buy engine parts like rods, pistons, cams would i buy 1g or 2g?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7963737955&category=33615

The sensors are probably the CAS and Knock sensors, but they are not turbo motors the diff. between the two is the turbo motors have a lower compression and forged pistons and the non turbo have higher compression cast pistons that won't stand up to being turboed. Not to mention the oil squirts and a few other parts. Hope this is of some help to you.

Keith

ps The 1.8 have different motor mounts.

This engine is designed for use in all non-turbo Mitsubishi Eclipse 2.0 liter applications, as well as non-turbo Eagle Talon 2.0 liter applications, and specifically for model years 1989-1994.

NOTE: This engine is not designed to replace model years 95 and later.

No, it won't working. It's the n/t 2.0 found in 1Gs.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back