The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Engine swap for my 2g eclipse GST

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JdoubleJGST

Probationary Member
Dec 26, 2005
Lynnwood, Washington
I was wondering what engines can I fit in my 2g gst. I know that I can put a 6 bolt 1g engine. An evo III engine etc. But what is required for a 6 bolt 1g? seperate motor mounts, harness? Will the 1g hook up to the 2g transmission? etc etc. And what is the best motor for my money etc.

Thanks for the link. Basically I just need something to be able to give to my mechanic so that he does the conversion right. Now I just need to find a 1g engine. Will the 1g engine need a new wire harness?

- - - - - -

Also.... people always say do not rebuild the engine because of the problem of crankwalk. Is there any way to put 1G engine parts to minimize crankwalk. I found a rebuild kit for $500. I suppose I will have to know exactly what is wrong with my car before I know if I can rebuild or if I really want to.

http://www.slowboyracing.com/more.php?id=1089&mods=31-1337,32-1319,33-1328

Not all the wiring will be the same. Some 1g parts will work but I'm pretty sure not all will

I dunno how comfortable I am with gettin an engine from ebay. Most of all I would like some sort of warranty if possible.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back