The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

2g downpipe for ebay catback

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Time4the16G

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 18, 2009
Rialto, California
I just bought this ebay catback exhaust for 115.00 shipped. Its all bolted in pretty good, but for some reason I thought the catback included a downpipe. I've dismantled everything including oem downpipe and now i need one to fit this ebay catback. Has anyone ordered this same ebay catback exhaust? If so, what downpipe did you use to fit it?

Do you think this downpipe will work??

95-99 ECLIPSE 2G DSM TALON FWD Turbo DOWNPIPE GST 3" : eBay Motors (item 120342939918 end time Jan-24-10 21:18:46 PST)

Attachments

• MUX-ME95T_2.jpg
    MUX-ME95T_2.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 312
I would imagine being from California you will have to get a downpipe that is not a cat delete downpipe, that one appears to delete the cat. So you may have to get a high-flow cat welded in if you get that one.

I installed a ebay catback into my gs-t a few months ago. It installed fine and works with the stock downpipe. The only problem I encountered is you really have to get the rear high up in the air to slide the tail piece over the axle. After install I notice it was a little louder than when I had a 3a racing can on the back, I noticed a huge difference in spool time and even saw a 1-2 psi gain.I think when coupled with a downpipe cat delete, which I'm installing tomorow you will have all the performance as a name brand but a little quieter, which is perfect because I don't wanna get caught with no cat.

i have a 3 inch greddy catback with a stock downpipe... i replaced the cat with a pipe and i took out the resonator on the catback... sounds pretty nice not loud at all!! i imagine it will be pretty loud with a 3 inch downpipe attached

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back