The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Ebay 420a Turbo Kit?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

:nono: Not unless you have all of your internals ready to handle boost.

Build your engine first

yes for the money it is a great kit a friend of mine got onr for his 97 rs about a year ago and has not had a problem oput of it yet the gauges are not worth a $#!+ but otherwise
yes im looking at geting the same kit:thumb:

it is a recir he custom welded the dump pipe off the waste gate in to the down pipe.

you could but im not sure where to look for one at. thats why he made his he didnt want to take the time to look for one. but try hannracecraft.com thay might have one

you could but im not sure where to look for one at. thats why he made his he didnt want to take the time to look for one. but try hannracecraft.com thay might have one

Yea i think i'm just going to take it to a shop so they can weld it for me.

Thanks alot for the info on everything.

i got my kit from advancedjdmsports.com and i've had my kit for well over 2 years now with min problems. check it out fellow rs-t brother

i got my kit from advancedjdmsports.com and i've had my kit for well over 2 years now with min problems. check it out fellow rs-t brother

nice thanks alot man its almost the same price and has more stuff that come with it. By the way did you pass emmision's with the wastegate being dumped to the astmosphere?

Just remember, Ebay kits don't come with any sort of fuel setups. So, look into getting an fmu, or whatever route your planning on going for fuel.

Not unless you have all of your internals ready to handle boost.

Build your engine first
Just so people don't get the wrong idea in the future; you don't need to have upgraded internals to boost the 420a. I've been running 10psi on stock internals for a while now. A lot of people run 8psi with the 12:1 fmu setup on stock internals as well.

Edit: Oh, and for emissions it basically depends on how strict your state is.

The only reason i mentioned building it before is because with a t3/t4 setup i thought you might want to be boosting a little bit more than that.

I have that same manifold on mine, just bought separately from the same seller. The two center bolt holes on the bottom will cause some problems. The one under the wastegate you can grind a little off to make it fit but the other one under the turbo would take a lot of grinding. I didnt go that far so I left that bolt out unfortunately. I dont have any way of taking that much material out anyway.

+1 to everything Corey said.

Also, your going to need complete timing and fuel control if your want to run 20psi.
Most people start off with the basic 12:1 fmu setup and 8psi.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.
Just remember, Ebay kits don't come with any sort of fuel setups. So, look into getting an fmu, or whatever route your planning on going for fuel.

Just so people don't get the wrong idea in the future; you don't need to have upgraded internals to boost the 420a. I've been running 10psi on stock internals for a while now. A lot of people run 8psi with the 12:1 fmu setup on stock internals as well.

Edit: Oh, and for emissions it basically depends on how strict your state is.

Hey! Thanks for the information. :thumb:

Hell yea, If I had the money for It I would buy it, but the thing the kit if forgetting if the fuel pump.
When you log in, usially there is a fuel pump at the top to the page that looks good. But just dont run too much PSI on stock internals. You wont be happy at the end result in that.

Just for clarification our engines start to knock and retard timing at 6psi. Our fuel systems, with a Walbro and 12:1 FMU can handle 8psi reliably and our stock internals on the block can only handle 12ish psi.

You would still set less timing advanced in the Spark Table, in MegaSquirt.
And Delta, do you have a log or anything showing knock at 6psi, cause I've discussed it with a lot of people and determined it was closer to 8psi with a 12:1 fmu, because of the pump. And 10psi with an sfmu, provide a 11.5:1 AFR, or so.

You would still set less timing advanced in the Spark Table, in MegaSquirt.
And Delta, do you have a log or anything showing knock at 6psi, cause I've discussed it with a lot of people and determined it was closer to 8psi with a 12:1 fmu, because of the pump. And 10psi with an sfmu, provide a 11.5:1 AFR, or so.

just for clarification, are you also assuming stock injectors with the sfmu?

HahnRacecraft is an awsome kit and megasquirt is even better. We have a 420a with just rods and pistons on a s20g turbo on pump pushing over 400Hp. Thats with drop in pistons no machine work what so ever.

Yeah that's with stock inj. They can only handle 8psi reliably. I've heard of people pushing them, though. I've personally hit 11psi before they choked. But, that was with an eBay MBC (junk by the way) with a nasty amount of boost creep.
No Log. I'm just not that cool, yet. Once I get a real MBC, I'm going to set it and forget it at 8psi, until I get an sfmu and MS. I've got some 440's waiting to go on, to put it at 11psi. Then comes the 2.2 stroker...etc...etc... My engine had less than 40k on it when I put the turbo on. The cylinder walls still had the cross-hatch in them.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back